atai Life Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing innovative treatments and processes to treat mental health disorders for everyone, everywhere. We operate a decentralized model whereby atai incubates, acquires, and supports individual platform companies by providing them strategic and operational functions centrally, allowing our platform companies to stay lean and agile in their clinical pursuits, whilst also being able to leverage the expertise of a multibillion-dollar global biotechnology company. Atai is pursuing a world-first strategy to deploy our clinical compounds alongside a clinically validated digital ecosystem which aims utilizes cutting edge technology, clinical protocol, human-interaction psychology, and data science to enhance the clinical efficacy and engagement of our compounds.
Who you are:
- You have a demonstrated ability to attend to multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment without losing focus of the larger goal.
- You thrive in a global, dynamic, highly complex environment. You are comfortable working with a global team across time zones, different cultures, and various local rules and regulations.
- You have strong analytical and organizational skills to set strategy and translate strategy into tactics.
- You overcome obstacles collaboratively while respecting others’ points of view, and you empower your team to be creative and resourceful.
- You are always learning and are always well informed on the state-of-the-art in your discipline.
- You are internally motivated to implement best practices in a continuous cycle of improvement.
- You can inspire, coach and lead project teams to meet project deadlines.
- Work in a fast-paced, matrix organizational environment where you’ll work on a wide range of topics and cross-collaborate across teams
- Work with world-class scientists and clinicians in the development of psychedelics and other innovative experimental drugs in several psychiatric and CNS indications
- Work out of multiple hub locations with great office space (Berlin, London, NYC, San Diego), providing the ability to work from where you want with the device and equipment you choose
- Participate in company retreats in Europe and USAwith a global team and supportive culture
- Competitive stock option plan, employee benefits and health/wellness programs
- Drive business development activities including identifying potential opportunities
- Prepare initial assessment reports
- Compile detailed industry and company analysis
- Create a strong network of key industry leading companies and individuals, especially in big pharma
- Manage and develop our global partnership network and drive targeted initiatives to deepen our relationship
- Manage the pipeline of new strategic partnership opportunities
- Drive structured in- and out-licensing activities and thus extend and leverage the impact of our programs
- Prepare key partnership outputs e.g., term sheets, proposals to the leadership / supervisory board
- Collaborate closely with the Investment team to effectively manage deal flow
- Support the ongoing integration after the transaction is closed
- Degree in Natural/Life Sciences required (Biopharma, Chemistry), an additional degree in economics or management (e.g., MBA), Graduate or higher-level Degree is preferred
- 10+ years in the Life Science Branch (bio/pharma, finance/M&A, VC/PE, investment banking, consulting or similar)
- Extensive network within the CNS big-pharma space
- 5+ years’ people management experience
- Ability to build trustworthy relationships to enable an effective work environment
- Extraordinarily strong project management and organizational skills
- Good knowledge of current affairs, business, and markets
- Interpersonal skills, particularly negotiation
- Able to work across multiple functions and geographies (e.g., US and non-US)
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Effective delegation of responsibility and authority, as needed
- Willingness to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment and to adapt to new situations as they arise