In the U.S. alone, 22M+ people suffer from treatment-resistant mental health conditions and 13M+ adults suffer from SMI. Our mission at Osmind is to further innovate neuropsychiatric treatments for those patients who are suffering the most.
First, we sell software to mental health practices. We integrate EHR, practice management, patient engagement, outcomes collection, and more into a single unified system — the “operating system for neuropsychiatry.” Our software is the first and only solution that solves specific challenges faced by innovative neuropsychiatric clinics and interventional psychiatrists. It utilizes automation and modern technology to enhance clinicians’ user experience while simultaneously improving the patient experience.
Secondly, this “operating system” functions as digital infrastructure and data engine that unlocks precision psychiatry and informs best practices for patient care. Through deep, multimodal data collection at scale and cutting-edge data science, our platform enables the discovery, development, and delivery of:
1. Next-generation therapeutics (e.g. novel classes of molecular therapeutics, psychedelic medicines, neuromodulation techniques, medication-assisted therapy, digital therapeutics)
2. Next-generation diagnostics (e.g. biomarkers and phenotypes developed from digital, blood-based, -omics, or neuroimaging assessments)
3. Data-based personalized treatment approaches
Backed by top-tier investors (e.g. General Catalyst, Future Ventures, Tiger Global, Y Combinator, Jerry Yang, etc.), Osmind’s team consists of mission-driven experts from across tech and healthcare. We’re a tight-knit group of intellectually rigorous, highly collaborative, deeply caring, and fun team members. We’ve been featured in publications such as Forbes and Crunchbase News. We are a Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) building something that actually moves the needle on the global mental health crisis. (See here for an article our cofounder Jimmy co-authored about PBC’s.)
We are searching for a VP of Life Sciences to spearhead our scientific strategy at Osmind. In this role, you will play a foundational role in our company by setting the vision for our internal and external-facing scientific R&D. You will take your industry drug development experience and translate that into the strategy for our enterprise product offerings spanning RWE, biomarker discovery, clinical trial recruitment and site selection, and more. You will report directly to the company cofounders and be a core part of the executive leadership team making key strategic decisions.Let’s transform neuropsychiatry, together.
What you’ll do
- Be our company’s leader in all things R&D on the life sciences front. Leverage experience and industry knowledge to lead scientific and strategic decision-making as a core member of the executive leadership team
- Work with co-founders and relevant executive leadership (e.g. VP Medical Affairs, Medical Director, Head of Life Sciences BD, leaders of engineering, data science, and product teams) to develop enterprise products spanning RWE, biomarker discovery, clinical trial recruitment, and site selection, etc.
- Deeply understand pharma needs for clinical development
- Help prioritize types of data and product lines based on scientific utility and customer needs. For example, what types of data would be most valuable to better subtype patients or develop novel endpoints in clinical trials for mood disorders?
- Lead the scientific vision of internal validation of our dataset; work with the data science team to define the data model. For example, how should we discover and validate an algorithm for precision medicine / clinical decision support with rapid-acting antidepressants?
- Be the scientific and clinical expert when interfacing with biopharma, device, and diagnostics companies and their scientific experts and PI’s
- Help us grow our enterprise pipeline. Leverage connections to key executives, get intros, lead scientific diligence calls
- Work with pharma counterpart to scope out technical needs of partnerships
- Contribute to research projects (e.g. with academic partners), working with our VP Medical Affairs. Co-author peer-reviewed articles that stem from research projects and serve as the PI of certain research projects.
- Stay up to date on cutting-edge science, literature, and industry news in neuropsychiatry, neuroscience, and RWE, while continually refining our strategy to remain at the leading edge of innovation.
- MD, PhD, or both
- Strong R&D experience in psychiatry and neuropsychiatry
- Minimum 10 years in biopharma or interfacing with biopharma (e.g. CRO, a healthcare data company, consulting, academia)
- Deep understanding of how RWE can benefit pharma R&D, commercial efforts
- Expertise in clinical-stage asset development
- Substantive scientific and/or clinical research experience, with expertise in translational neuroscience and proven track record (such as strong publication list)
- Exposure to pharma BD or commercial divisions is a plus
- Experience working at a startup is a plus
- We prefer for the VP Life Sciences to be located at our headquarters in San Francisco (hybrid work 2-3 days a week, public health situation permitting); however, we are open to discussing remote options with regular travel to SF. We are willing to provide relocation assistance.
- We prefer immediate full-time involvement. However, we are also open to part-time structures to begin with the eventual shift to full-time.
- Competitive salary and equity package.
- 100% employer contribution to healthcare insurance (medical, dental, vision) and 50% contribution for dependents
- 401K matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible working hours to match your style. Hybrid working style with a mix of work-from-home and in-office. In-office in San Francisco (Potrero Hill) 2-3 days a week
- In-office perks: catered food and lunch, snacks and drinks, happy hours, etc.
- Contribute to one of the most innovative areas of medicine: frontier neuropsychiatry.
- Be part of an all-star team that is intellectually rigorous, highly collaborative, deeply caring, and likes to have fun.
- Tremendous growth opportunity and autonomy given we’re a high-growth startup.