Numinus is on a mission to help people heal and be well. The costs of mental illness, addiction and trauma are too high – that’s why we’re developing new treatments and approaches that use rigorous, up-to-date research and methodologies to support solutions for healing. We are a public company listed on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol $NUMI.
We have an opportunity for a Vice President, Communications and Investor Relations to join our team of subject-matter experts across healthcare, bioscience, operations and compliance.
This is a new leadership role responsible for developing, advising and executing on internal and external communications and marketing strategies that help establish Numinus with the public, healthcare industry, and capital markets as an innovative, emerging healthcare leader while aligning with internal stakeholders and elevating the Numinus team and brand overall.
This is an ideal opportunity for a high-performing communications leader experienced in corporate marketing strategy development and execution, including digital marketing, brand development, capital markets and investor relations for a publicly-traded company. The candidate should have a track record of collaborating cross-functionally with internal stakeholders from c-level executives to operators and external stakeholders including investor relations, government relations, marketing and public relations media agencies.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop and promote the brand.
- Support the continuous improvement of Numinus’ brand assets;
- Support the continuous improvement of user experience on Numinus’ websites and other digital platforms (corporate and subsidiaries).
- Develop overall communications and marketing strategy tying in IR, PR, GR and business.
- Develop proactive and flexible IR communications strategies and plans tailored to regional markets;
- Contribute to key messaging strategies, including aspects of the Communications Guide, that clearly reflect the Numinus “voice”;
- Develop Numinus’ digital and social corporate presence through audience segmentation, acquisition and engagement strategies;
- Oversee corporate content creation and ensuring quality across different channels, including email, video and newsletters.
- Develop strategic communications plans for conferences and events, both Numinus-hosted and participating events;
- Identify and develop thought leadership opportunities both for the organization and for key Numinus executives;
- Oversee and coordinate PR/GR efforts in partnership with PR agency inclusive of content development and marketing.
- Manage the process for all news releases, from drafting to approvals to publication, between internal/external team members, partners and vendors;
- Source and execute top-level media opportunities, together with partner PR agency;
- Strategically promote Numinus research, partnerships and publications for media and regulatory exposure.
- Coordinate efforts of marketing partners and support through provision of branded content.
- Support the approvals process to ensure partner content abides by Numinus’ compliance requirements.
- Develop and execute marketing strategies for business operations inclusive of clinic and the lab.
- Contribute to strategies and tactics that differentiate Numinus’ lab and clinic services;
- Manage performance marketing strategies for the clinic.
- Assess, develop and implement internal best practices, workflows and processes that enable IR, PR and Marketing team members and partners/vendors to contribute at their best.
- Provide thoughtful and strategic communications and marketing counsel to senior leadership.
- Build and oversee a team of contract and full-time professional copywriters, social media professionals and digital marketing agencies.
WHO YOU ARE
- A senior communications and IR professional with 10+ years’ leadership experience and a strong track record in corporate communications, investor relations, capital markets marketing and branding.
- Preference given to those with public company marketing, professional services agency/firm and investor relations/public relations experience.
- Practical training in marketing, PR and communications is required. MBA or other business/management training is an asset.
- Media relations experience and relationships with top-tier publications.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and proven ability to work cross-functionally with all levels of seniority in a tactful and engaging manner.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills; outstanding attention to detail.
- Experience in public companies and highly regulated industries such as healthcare or cannabis.
- Ability to work with many personalities and operate at a high-level while under pressure from deadlines, inquiries and regulatory requirements.