If you are interested in volunteering with us, then please consider submitting an application form. Although skills such as first aid, medical training and counselling qualifications are appreciated, please be aware that not possessing these isn’t a barrier to application. Many of our best volunteers have no formal qualifications related to welfare. The main skills we look for in all potential applicants are, the ability to care for other people in a non-judgemental and compassionate way, and an understanding of the nature of the psychedelic experience.
PsyCare UK attracts a diverse group of volunteers. Our team includes substance misuse workers, doctors, students, neuroscientists, nurses and experienced festival goers. What unites all our volunteers, however, is a caring and compassionate approach to the needs of all the attendees of a festival. All our highly knowledgeable and empathetic volunteers work on a person-led approach to anyone requiring support. We are a community who believe in looking out and caring for others, and this considerate approach is reflected in the high quality of welfare and harm reduction services we offer.
What We Provide for You
- Receive training in psychedelic support, welfare and harm reduction
- Gain valuable and unique experience (which is likely to be useful for those wishing to pursue a career in psychedelic therapy)
- Become part of the wider psychedelic community/movement
- Help to promote a harm reduction approach to drug use
- Help to promote sensible drug policies that respect human rights
- An opportunity to meet and network with other like-minded people
- Use your empathy, compassion and love to help others
- Give something back to the party scene
- If selected you will receive full crew ticket for the event
If you are interested in volunteering with us please comlete the form via the link below and follow the details in the confirmation email that you will recive upon submission. You only need to register if you have not registered to volunteer with us before – contact us if in doubt.