Wavepaths delivers experience as medicine – we are transforming mental health care through life-changing experiences with music at scale.
Our generative music technology integrates psychedelic science, machine learning, music theory and experience design to facilitate experiences that improve mental health and well-being. We provide technology solutions to both care seekers and care providers.
Design and user experience (UX) are at the forefront of everything we do. The job of an User Experience Designer is to envision how therapists and clients experience our products and bring that vision to life. We’re now looking for a User Experience designer to join our team full time or part time (minimal 2-3 days / week). You will own both our therapist platform design and consumer web and mobile apps flows and designs.
The right person for this role will be a highly internally motivated individual contributor, with strong experience designing user experiences, and can hold their own in visual design.
Being an integral part of a small startup, it is also important that you have the ability to prioritize and focus and communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences. Most of all, you’re interested in using your design capabilities to make a foundational contribution to our mission, realizing a new category of well-being products and services that help people reconnect with their innate capacities to heal. The users we support are therapists that treat clients in their most vulnerable state, and the design needs to reflect that. The challenge here is to design at-a-glance information about the musical attributes, and having controls available to change them, while still retaining clarity and simplicity.
You are someone who is excited to work among a diverse, expert team leading the forefront of generative, adaptive audio-visual systems, and work with world-class artists and musicians from Jon Hopkins, Robert Rich, Superstition, Greg Haines among others. You understand the value of art and design in being able to express key concepts.
Working with Wavepaths will offer you the autonomy to own and help set the direction of our product with the other designers, the engineering team and directly with the founders. Our team is fully remote, with a likely home base in London (once Covid allows for this again).
- Equity options available for a key design team member, and the potential to come on board full-time as the design lead in the future, should you want to grow into that role
- Working among a diverse, expert team leading the forefront of generative, adaptive audio-visual systems for psychedelic therapy
- Proposing key branding and design guidelines for our products and company
- The opportunity to work with exclusive contributions from world class artists and musicians such as Jon Hopkins, Greg Haines, Robert Rich among others, with more high profile partnerships to come
- Opportunity to make a foundational contribution to our mission, realizing a new category of well-being products and services that help people reconnect with their innate capacities to heal
- Directly involved in psychedelic therapy studies in collaboration with our partners at Johns Hopkins, Imperial, McGill and other places, and working with some of the leading therapists in the field
- Flexible remote working
We are looking for someone to take a lead in our product and user experience design, and want to help set the design vision for the entire company together with our founding team, and product, engineering and branding team members.
Your main projects will include:
- Designing Clinical Grade Therapist tools “Bonny”: taking the beta version to commercial-ready for no-medicine, ketamine, psilocybin and MDMA-assisted therapy
- Deeply understanding the therapeutic potential of music and how we can visualize these insights and controls in the interface, via talking with therapists and our artists
- Designing Music Personalization flows for our patient and consumer wellness products
- Designing and launching an awesome native consumer experience: that feeds into therapy, but also stands on its own
A Few Things We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or equivalent practical experience
- Experience collaborating with teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers, Content Strategists and Product Managers throughout the design process; creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mock-ups and prototypes
- Experience designing across multiple platforms
- Portfolio highlighting multiple projects and your direct contributions
- Master’s degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Ability to lead and ideate products from scratch and improve features, all with a user-centered design process
- Skills in communicating and influencing product design strategy
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile (i.e. Android and iOS)
How to apply
- Please send cover letter, CV, portfolio, references and / or website to email@example.com