The Social Media Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing social media and digital campaigns that support COMPASS’s mission, vision and values.
COMPASS Pathways is a mental health care company dedicated to accelerating patient access to evidence-based innovation in mental health (https://compasspathways.com). Our focus is on improving the lives of those who are suffering with mental health challenges and who are not helped by current therapies. We are pioneering the development of a new model of psilocybin therapy, in which our proprietary formulation of synthetic psilocybin, COMP360, is administered in conjunction with psychological support.
Reports to: The Social Media Manager will report to the Chief Communications Officer.
Location: London, UK (with working from home flexibility).
Roles and responsibilities
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Developing and implementing social media strategies and campaigns across COMPASS, with the aim of building our reputation as a responsible, innovative and engaging leader in mental health care
- Working with the Communications team and other functions to tell COMPASS’s story through social media, in line with our brand and our values
- Generating and producing interesting and engaging written, graphic, audio and video content for social and digital media
- Monitoring and responding, as appropriate, to comments on our social media posts
- Monitoring the social media landscape and identifying opportunities for COMPASS to contribute to emerging issues or news
- Analysing and measuring the impact of our social media strategies, and providing recommendations on adjustments as needed
- Keeping abreast of developments and trends in social media and digital technologies, and ensuring COMPASS remains at the forefront of best practice and innovation
- Supporting with design work, particularly the creation of PowerPoint slides
- Managing external suppliers and agencies, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven expertise in social media platforms, with a good working knowledge of paid platforms as well as organic growth
- Demonstrated experience in building and managing corporate reputation through social media campaigns, including dealing with negative commentary
- Experience and knowledge of the psychedelic therapy landscape
- Proven ability to write clear, compelling and accurate copy
- Advanced PowerPoint skills; basic video editing and design skills
- Experience of working in the pharmaceutical or life sciences industry is preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexible, proactive and collaborative
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to work on multiple projects at a time
- Aligned to our company values of being Compassionate, Bold, Rigorous and Inclusive
We are proud of our commitment to diversity and equality (pursuant to the Equality Act 2010). We do not discriminate based upon race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age or disability.