There are 22M+ Americans who suffer from treatment-resistant mental health conditions, meaning they’ve failed two or more conventional treatments. Our mission is to further innovative mental health treatments (ranging from FDA-approved psychedelic medicines to neuromodulation to digital therapeutics to novel molecular approaches) for those patients who are suffering the most. We do this by empowering providers, improving patient care, and accelerating research. Our electronic medical records software is used by mental health doctors and their patients across the US. We analyze the data to help the doctors deliver better care and also offer insights to help research and development of new treatments that actually work.
Backed by top-tier investors (e.g. General Catalyst, Future Ventures, Tiger Global, Y Combinator, Jerry Yang, Joshua Kushner, etc.), Osmind’s team consists of mission-driven experts from across tech and healthcare. We’re a tight-knit group of intellectually rigorous, highly collaborative, deeply caring, and fun team members. We’ve been featured in publications such as Forbes and Crunchbase News.
We are a series A funded Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) building something that actually moves the needle on the global mental health crisis. (See here for an article our cofounder Jimmy wrote about PBC’s.) We are searching for a senior full-stack software engineer to build end-to-end features that enable our web and mobile applications to bring innovative, effective, personalized, and scalable solutions to mental health providers and patients.
Let’s transform mental healthcare, together.
What you’ll do
- Projected Division of Responsibilities: 70% contributing code / 30% collaborating with stakeholders and mentoring.
- Builder: Leverage a self-starter mindset by taking a product concept and building the feature end to end.
- Product thinking: Work with Product and Engineering leadership to scope new features and plan the engineering roadmap
- Mentorship: Support other members of the team through mentorship, lunch and learns, and more.
- Continuous Learning: Be a flexible contributor, learning new skills as required and solving a wide variety of engineering challenges in different areas.
- Leadership: Lead new feature initiatives spanning all parts of our stack, ranging from frontend redesigns to building tools for data insights.
- Operational Practices: Help set operational best practices and tech standards as we rapidly scale our user base.
- Engineering Culture: Contribute to improving and building a considerate and inclusive engineering culture.
- Our tech stack: Serverless Framework, DynamoDB, AWS Lambda, Node.JS, React and React Native (Expo).
- 4+ years of full-stack software development experience building end to end features in a complex web system
- 2+ years of frontend experience working with React or similar frontend frameworks
- 2+ years of backend experience working with relational databases
- Interest in improving mental healthcare and the patient journey
Nice to haves
- Experience working with NodeJS
- Experience leading multiple new feature initiatives
- Experience working on HIPAA-compliant applications in the healthcare space
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB, MongoDB, or similar
- Work experience using AWSExperience with React Native or mobile development and a willingness to work on our mobile app for patients
A successful first year may look like:
- Lead the development of new features which may include integration with wearables, building out our digital phenotyping suite, improving scheduling, and automating data capture from external health data sources.
- Collaborate with the team to scale the tech stack based on the growing user base.
- Ownership of a component of the system, or a significant piece of functionality.
- Competitive salary and equity package.
- 100% employer contribution to healthcare insurance (medical, dental, vision) and 50% contribution for dependents
- 401K matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Although this is a remote position, we also offer a relocation bonus for those who would like to move to San Francisco. Remote candidates will be flown into HQ for their first two weeks for in-person onboarding! If you are local, you are of course welcome and encouraged to come into the office (the office is currently optional with Covid guidelines in place).
- In-office perks: food and lunch, snacks and drinks, happy hours, etc.
- Flexible working hours to match your style. Hybrid long-term working style with a mix of work-from-home and in-office.
- Contribute to one of the most innovative areas of medicine: frontier neuropsychiatry.
- Be part of an all-star team that is intellectually rigorous, highly collaborative, deeply caring, and likes to have fun.
- Tremendous growth opportunity and autonomy given we’re a high-growth startup.