We’re now looking for a senior full stack engineer to join our team. You will own system architecture and implementation across the tech stack from B2B and consumer web and mobile apps, APIs and interface with our cloud-based generative music systems.
Working with Wavepaths will offer you the freedom and autonomy to steer the technical direction of our platform with the rest of the engineering team and directly with the founders. Our team is mostly remote, with a home base in London, and we offer both options.
Location: London, or Remote
Wavepaths delivers experience as medicine – we are transforming mental health care through life-changing experiences with music at scale.
Our generative music technology integrates psychedelic science, machine learning, music theory and experience design to facilitate experiences that improve mental health and well-being. We provide technology solutions to both care seekers and care providers.
What You’ll Be Doing
Building out our user-facing applications, as well as a scalable music generation platform for psychedelic therapy, psychotherapy and other wellness use cases.
Your main projects will include:
- Launching Clinical Grade Therapist tools “Bonny”: taking the beta version to commercial-ready for no-medicine, ketamine, psilocybin and MDMA-assisted therapy
- Building Music Personalization with ML at Scale: support 100k+ personalized daily sessions
- Launching an awesome native consumer experience: an experience that feeds into therapy, but also stands on its own
- Professionalizing the Engineering Team: growing and managing junior engineers and working with the rest of the eng team & contractors in an agile development processes
What We Expect from You
- Degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with Web Audio, WebRTC and/or audio codecs
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
- Experience working and leading in an agile development environment
- Experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, mobile application development, API development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, developing large software systems
- Experience in designing cloud based architectures for distributed system at scale, on AWS or Google Cloud (we’re built on GCP)
- You have the ability to debug hard problems at every level of the stack, i.e. you can debug a web application problem single-handedly all the way from the browser, through the transport, through the application and servers and databases and asynchronous queues
- You have knowledge of continuous integration and deployment and are able to create and maintain them
What We Provide for You
- Generous options for a key technical team member and engineering lead
- Working among a diverse, expert team leading the forefront of generative, adaptive audio-visual systems
- The opportunity to work with exclusive contributions from world class artists and musicians such as Jon Hopkins, Greg Haines, Robert Rich among others, with more high profile partnerships to come
- Opportunity to make a foundational contribution to our mission, realizing a new category of well-being products and services that help people reconnect with their innate capacities to heal
- Directly involved in psychedelic therapy studies in collaboration with our partners at Johns Hopkins, Imperial, McKill and other places
- Flexible remote working
How To Apply
- Please send cover letter, CV, portfolio, references, Github and / or website to firstname.lastname@example.org.