Wavepaths delivers experience as medicine – we are transforming mental health care through life-changing experiences with music at scale.
Our generative music technology integrates psychedelic science, machine learning, music theory and experience design to facilitate experiences that improve mental health and well-being. We provide technology solutions to both care seekers and care providers.
We’re now looking for a senior full stack engineer to join our team. You will own system architecture and implementation across the tech stack from B2B and consumer web and mobile apps, APIs and interface with our cloud-based generative music systems.
Working with Wavepaths will offer you the freedom and autonomy to steer the technical direction of our platform with the rest of the engineering team and directly with the founders. Our team is mostly remote, with a home base in London, and we offer both options.
The right person for this role will be a highly internally motivated individual contributor, with strong experience shipping production level code with strong back end competency. It is important that you have an understanding of, and can manage, the end-to-end lifecycle of a development project, from local development and version control, through to both front end and back end development, server setups and management, as well as deployment and maintenance processes.
Being an integral part of a small startup, it is also important that you have the ability to prioritise and focus and communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences. Most of all, you’re interested in using your engineering capabilities to make a foundational contribution to our mission, realising a new category of wellbeing products and services that help people reconnect with their innate capacities to heal.
You’ll be someone who is excited to work among a diverse, expert team leading the forefront of generative, adaptive audio-visual systems, and work with world-class therapists, engineers, researchers, artists and musicians.
- Generous options for a key technical team member and engineering lead
- Working among a diverse, expert team leading the forefront of generative, adaptive audio-visual systems
- The opportunity to work with exclusive contributions from world class artists and musicians such as Jon Hopkins, Greg Haines, Robert Rich among others, with more high profile partnerships to come
- Opportunity to make a foundational contribution to our mission, realizing a new category of well-being products and services that help people reconnect with their innate capacities to heal
- Directly involved in psychedelic therapy studies in collaboration with our partners at Johns Hopkins, Imperial, McKill and other places
- Flexible remote working
Building out our user-facing applications, as well as a scalable music generation platform for psychedelic therapy, psychotherapy and other wellness use cases.
Your main projects will include:
- Launching Clinical Grade Therapist tools “Bonny”: taking the beta version to commercial-ready for no-medicine, ketamine, psilocybin and MDMA-assisted therapy
- Building Music Personalization with ML at Scale: support 100k+ personalized daily sessions
- Launching an awesome native consumer experience: an experience that feeds into therapy, but also stands on its own
- Professionalizing the Engineering Team: growing and managing junior engineers and working with the rest of the eng team & contractors in an agile development processes
A Few Things We’re Looking For
- Degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with Web Audio, WebRTC and/or audio codecs
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
- Experience working and leading in an agile development environment
- Experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, mobile application development, API development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, developing large software systems
- Experience in designing cloud based architectures for distributed system at scale, on AWS or Google Cloud (we’re built on GCP)
- You have the ability to debug hard problems at every level of the stack, i.e. you can debug a web application problem single-handedly all the way from the browser, through the transport, through the application and servers and databases and asynchronous queues
- You have knowledge of continuous integration and deployment and are able to create and maintain them
How to apply
- Please send cover letter, CV, portfolio, references, Github and / or website to email@example.com.