Numinus Bioscience is a licenced laboratory located in British Columbia. It is one of the largest research facilities in Western Canada and a global leader in psychedelic research. Its purpose is to research and develop psychedelic formulations and methods, led by a team of specialized scientists using state-of-the-art equipment. Numinus Bioscience holds a Controlled Drugs and Substances license issued by Health Canada, through which it works with a range of psychedelic substances, including DMT, ketamine, LSD, MDMA, mescaline, psilocybin, psilocin.
With rapid advancement on our expansion strategy, we are now hiring a Senior Director of Lab to support and implement key business objectives and oversee lab operations. This position is a fit for a proven manager in an analytical laboratory-controlled environment who is competent in planning, organizing, controlling and evaluating the delivery of services to clients. Additionally you’re an energetic individual who has experience working in a senior capacity as well as providing leadership and developing team members.
This person will grow the high throughput laboratory operations including planning,resource management, staffing, customer satisfaction, and driving continuous improvement. This is an opportunity to be part of a growing team in a high-growth sector with a culture that celebrates collaboration and team-work. You’ll be able to see the impact of your work and will have a part in shaping the strategic direction of the organization.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Oversee and have overall responsibility for our company’s laboratories operations including responsibility for development and support of our products and services to meet customer needs.
- Coordinate and maintain cross departmental workflows to support ongoing laboratory operations. Drive workflow and process improvements through standardization and development of policy, processes and procedures.
- Develop, lead, and drive the laboratory operations activities enabling innovation and integration of novel technologies and techniques.
- Manage assigned Lab Operations leads and staff providing coaching and development to improve the leadership competency of lab personnel
- Expand and scale our laboratory capabilities
- Executes efficient decision-making and dissemination of information across all areas of Laboratory Operations for time-sensitive needs.
- Develops departmental strategic goals and objectives based on corporate goals and strategies; long and short-term strategic goals and objectives; analyze impact of decisions.
- Works with QA, RA, and the Laboratory Director to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Building and deploying a strategy to ensure lab resources and vendors are managed efficiently
- Supporting portfolio management process to ensure innovation pipeline for contract research
- Supporting the new ideation process and ensuring new concepts are prioritized and tied to customer requirements Developing organizational talent and succession plans and provides ongoing coaching and mentoring for staff
- Supporting the requirements infrastructure and implementation of Laboratory Information Management Systems and Quality Management Systems
- Other tasks and projects as assigned
WHO YOU ARE
- Minimum Masters in Analytical Chemistry or related degree
- 5+ Years relevant experience directing or supervising a high complexity testing laboratory.
- Over 5 years in supervisory position in an Analytical Lab (preferability controlled environment)
- Over 5 years Managerial experience
- Experience working with ISO, GLP and GMP standards
- Demonstrated ability to build teams and to set and achieve aggressive targets
- Lab development background, experience
- Prior experience in a fast-paced startup environment a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Has knowledge and experience in validation methodologies
- Has knowledge and experience in multiple analytical techniques and methodologies
- Can troubleshoot technical issues
- Experience working in a Cannabis Lab
- Experience as Head of Lab
- Advanced degree in chemistry
- Ten or more years of relevant experience (cannabis, pharma, controlled drugs and substances
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage a departmental budget.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers and software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Walking, standing, observing others performing work assignments.
- Ability to work in an office / production environment.
At Numinus, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and accessible work environment. We welcome and celebrate differences because we believe a multitude of perspectives fosters innovation and will help us achieve our ultimate purpose of delivering the highest quality outcomes to the people we serve. Our culture is one of belonging in which each person is accepted and valued for their individuality. As such, if you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know so we can work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all of those who take the time to apply; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.