Cybin has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Analytical Chemist to join the growing team!
A leading biotechnology company, Cybin is focused on and dedicated to progressing psychedelic therapeutics by utilizing proprietary drug discovery platforms, innovative drug delivery systems, novel formulation approaches and treatment regimens for psychiatric disorders. To learn more about Cybin, visit https://www.cybin.com.
Working in the R&D department and reporting directly to the Director of Process Chemistry, the Senior Analytical Chemist will be responsible in leading and providing analytical support for the development of small molecule drug candidates and product formulations based on the company’s goals and objectives.
This role will be expected to work in the laboratory and office setting which involves conducting experiments, analyzing the results, and creating reports. This position will work out of our Boston office.
- Support in-house synthetic chemistry and drug formulation efforts.
- Work with cross functional departments and external collaborators such as CROs and CMOs for timely execution of projects and overseeing all aspects of the analytical development.
- Maintain accurate real time entries on lab notebooks to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Develop and follow company’s SOPs.
- Develop HPLC methods for specific uses such as stability indicating drug substance/product methods and process control methods.
- Maintain, repair, and troubleshoot HPLC instruments.
Knowledge, Skills & Technical Abilities
- Bachelor of Science or higher in Chemistry
- At least 7 years in product development lab in support of preclinical drug development.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced small company with aggressive timelines and milestones.
- Has excellent working knowledge and understanding of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field.
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance with relation to matters of importance within the Research & Development company sectors.
- A team player who can collaborate effectively with a broad range of internal functions.
- Must Possess strong problem solving and analytical skills and be an independent and creative thinker.
- Excellent contingency planning and time management skills and demonstrated ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Experience with IND submissions.
- Hands-on knowledge HPLC method development, qualification and validation (with different detection modalities, e.g. UV, FLD, ELSD, etc.) as well as method transfer to the third parties.
- Working knowledge of the LC/MS method development including bioanalytical methods.
- Working knowledge of other analytical methods required for material characterization for the IND enablement (GC-MS, metal analysis, NMR, etc.).
- Excellent professional written and oral communication skills and ability to produce project reports and curate analytical sections of other developmental reports.
If you are passionate about pursing this position, please submit your resume and cover letter as one attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all those who apply. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Cybin Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to ethnicity, color, national origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family or parental status, veteran status, neurodiversity status, disability status or any other basis protected by applicable law. We are proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require an accommodation, please contact us at HR@Cybin.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.