We are seeking a Research Associate to join our team! This exciting opportunity is a mix between research management and digital project management, and involves working with a team of international researchers, practitioners, and partners using the QC platform to accelerate research insights. Must be passionate about psychedelic research to apply!
Location: Vancouver, Canada (remote is fine, but must be in Canada)
Job Type: 6 month contract, full-time
Start date: March 1, 2021 (or sooner)
Quantified Citizen is a Canadian-based mobile health startup developing solutions to disrupt the clinical and health product research markets. We empower citizen scientists and professional researchers to easily participate and create their own scientific studies, building a movement towards more timely insights into the latest behavioural health research.
We launched our flagship mobile research app in November 2019 on the Joe Rogan Experience and have since had over 35,500 iOS app installs with a 4.8 star rating (61 ratings). Among our initial studies, we’ve partnered with world-famous mycologist Paul Stamets on a UBC research ethics approved 11,500+ participant correlational study on the effects of microdosing psychedelic substances on cognitive performance and mental health. We’ve also partnered with award-winning cinematographer Louie Schwartzberg on a 5,000 participant gratitude study. Many more public and private studies are currently in development with a significant portion related to psychedelics and mental health.
Help us bring health research to everyone!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Manage multiple research projects across various research disciplines. Your work on these projects will be to:
- Manage international teams of researchers and practitioners
- Build and maintain relations with our partners, funders, customers, and the public
- Project management and coordination with technical development team members for feature management and bug reporting
- Communicate study status, timelines and data to key stakeholders, and serve as a representative on multidisciplinary project teams
- Prepare study protocols and reports related to various studies, perform various analyses as appropriate, and contribute to regulatory and research ethics board submissions
- Directly interact and maintain strong scientific and collaborative relationships with stakeholders including industry partners, innovators, research personnel, vendors and contract research organizations
- Remain aware of the latest scientific research in psychedelics, and prepare regular summary reports to leadership team
- Prepare and present psychedelic research project insights at customer meetings, industry events, scientific conferences, etc., as necessary
- Support efforts to publish articles in well-known media outlets and academic journals
- Work closely with the Privacy Officer to ensure study participant data is kept to the highest standards of anonymity and privacy.
What We Expect from You
- Masters Degree in health-related fields such as Medical, Nursing, Psychology, Pharmacy, Pharmacology, Neuroscience, Biology, or Health Science or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Clinical Research Associate
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of clinical research, phases of clinical trials, study design and statistical planning, current ICH, GCP standards and region-specific regulatory clinical research laws and guidelines
- Demonstrated expertise in a variety of research and development concepts, practices and procedures
- Demonstrated experience with and sound knowledge of quantitative research methods and advanced statistics
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills (fluent English), with the ability to produce professional scientific and technical documentation
- Able to work highly independently across multiple projects and protocols
- Intermediate project management and stakeholder management skills
- Effective time management, organizational and interpersonal skills, conflict management, problem solving skills
- Excellent listening and conflict resolution skills
- Detail-oriented accuracy in all work and communication
- Strong critical thinking and analytical problem-solving acumen
- Demonstrated effectiveness in mentoring/leadership/supervisory ability
- Ability to use display software such as Power BI, Microsoft Excel, database software, and data warehouses; statistical analysis software such as SAS, SPSS, and/or R.
- The following would be assets but are not necessary: published research in academic journal(s); psychedelic research experience; experience in digital/mobile health.
How to Apply
Email us at email@example.com. Include the role’s title in your subject line. In the email, include:
- Why you’re excited about what we are doing
- Relevant descriptions and links that best showcase your work as it fits with this role
- Your hourly salary expectations
Quantified Citizen is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.