We are looking for a talented Research Analyst / Research Associate to join the team at Noetic, the preeminent investment group in the emerging psychedelic pharmaceutical industry. We are seeking a talented in-house counsel to support our growing firm, which operates three funds, the Noetic Psychedelic Fund I & II, as well as the Grey House High Impact Fund.
The role will require a unique mix of skills, experience and interests related to the study of psychoactive plants and compounds. The ideal candidate has earned a degree in life sciences or a related field like biochemistry, botany or pharmacology and has a passion for research, discovery and innovation.
The candidate must also possess a keen entrepreneurial spirit that will manifest in top-down industry research, bottom-up financial analysis and investment recommendations for our portfolios. The leadership group is based in Toronto, Canada. Ideally the candidate is based in Toronto, but we will consider remote locations.
The General Partners of Noetic Psychedelic Fund came together with the strong belief that psychoactive plants and their related compounds offer medical science a truly ‘disruptive technology’ for treating many of society’s greatest unmet medical and mental health needs. We believe the psychedelic pharmaceutical industry is only just emerging and that it will experience exponential growth over the coming decade as new psychedelic-based medicines and therapies are approved by national regulators and adopted by mainstream medicine.
Psychedelic medicine offers higher efficacy rates, minimal toxicity, lower treatment costs and customized solutions to those suffering from medical and mental health disorders. These breakthroughs will help transform the mental healthcare industry to move from treating a patient’s symptoms to providing long-term holistic solutions to patient problems. With disruption, changes occur quickly and the magnitude of change can be staggering. This nascent industry will offer first-movers, entrepreneurs and investors alike, a myriad of opportunities. We believe this opportunity set will manifest across intellectual property, medicine research and development, therapeutic modalities and networks, education, diagnostic technologies, integrated and holistic wellness centres and beyond.
Psychedelic-based medicines and their related therapies are generally unknown, under-researched and hard-to-value by the investment industry. This creates rare and fertile ground for first-mover investors. With opportunities abound to invest in and partner with medical and academic researchers, entrepreneurs, nascent pharmaceutical companies and other thought leaders, GHP is building a multi-faceted investment and merchant banking platform to help early-stage companies bring their novel medicines and technologies to market.
Primary Responsibilities, Requirement and Representative Tasks:
- Analyze investment opportunities from both a top-down (scientific validity, industry trends, regulatory landscape, etc.) and bottom-up (team and mission, investment and financial analysis, intellectual property, legal structure, etc.) perspective
- Perform regular investment reviews, presenting to clients and prospects on investment philosophy and process, portfolio attribution and performance and new investment opportunities
- Assist with new business development efforts, including support for portfolio companies
- Present at business development seminars or conferences, with travel required on an as-needed basis
- Be an active member of the Investment Advisory Committee
- Thrive in a team environment where communication, cohesiveness and a common purpose guides one’s unique responsibilities within the firm’s entrepreneurial culture
- Operate at the highest ethical and fiduciary standards
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal daily supervision
- Graduate degree in life sciences with a preference for biochemistry, pharmacology or botany
- CFA or CFP preferred but not required
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in life sciences and finance
Interested candidates are asked to email their CVs to
Sara Nahon: email@example.com