The R&D Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative support across the Research & Development function at COMPASS.
COMPASS Pathways is a mental health care company dedicated to accelerating patient access to evidence-based innovation in mental health (https://compasspathways.com). Our focus is on improving the lives of those who are suffering with mental health challenges and who are not helped by current treatments. We are pioneering the development of a new model of psilocybin therapy, in which our proprietary formulation of synthetic psilocybin, COMP360, is administered in conjunction with psychological support.
Reports to: This position will report to R&D Team Coordinator. This position will support various leadership roles within the function.
Location: United Kingdom (average of 2 days per week in the London Office).
Roles and responsibilities
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Manage calendars and organise meetings / calls with internal and external members
- Book and arrange travel, transport and accommodation for Senior Vice Presidents and Vice Presidents
- Manage online document management systems (eg non-disclosure agreement documentation)
- Aid with administrative support including purchase orders, PDF editing, and DocuSign arrangement
- Implement and maintain standard operating procedures
- Collate and file expenses
- Assist with all necessary literature database management and reference management
- Project managing discrete R&D activities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Life Sciences experience
- Excellent implementation, logistical and administrative skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (particularly Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, OneDrive), Adobe (including advanced PDF handling), and DocuSign
- Strong ability to build strong relationships with external and internal contacts
- Strong attention to detail
- Discreet and trustworthy
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and independently
- Ability to multi-task and work in multidisciplinary teams
- Relevant educational background desirable; experience in mental health care or life sciences an advantage
- Demonstrates COMPASS values
We are proud of our commitment to diversity and equality (pursuant to the Equality Act 2010). We do not discriminate based upon race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age or disability.