ABOUT FIELD TRIP HEALTH:
Field Trip’s clinics will initially offer ketamine-assisted psychotherapy. Ketamine has become an effective option in the treatment of depression, showing faster results than traditional antidepressants which can take many weeks to notice their full potential. At Field Trip, our mission is to heal the sick, and better the well through therapeutic psychedelics. We are a first-of-its-kind venture that is blending operational execution with strategic investing across all aspects of the psychedelics landscape — from basic research on botanical psychedelics to the operation of world-class clinics focused on psychedelic-assisted therapies.
The Psychiatrist will be responsible for the initial assessment of patients in order to determine eligibility for Ketamine Enhanced Psychotherapy. They will work under the direction of the Medical Director. They will take accurate medical histories and document them into the required Electronic Medical Records software. The Psychiatrist will act as a key contact for patients and perform duties to the highest standard of patient care while maintaining patient confidentiality. They will work to create a climate of effective communication between all staff and patients.
- Complete an initial consultation to determine eligibility for Field Trip Ketamine-Enhanced Psychotherapy streams
- Assess and diagnose or confirm the diagnosis of mental health disorders
- Document encounter into the patient’s electronic chart
- Assess for concurrent substance use disorders
- Maintain patient files, records, and other sensitive information
- Uphold local and federal confidentiality laws and requirements
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external training and continuing education initiatives
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Candidate must be a licensed physician in New Brunswick
- Candidate must be board-certified, in good standing in the practice of Psychiatry
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced, high energy environment