There are 22M+ Americans who suffer from treatment-resistant mental health conditions, meaning they’ve failed two or more conventional treatments. Our mission is to further innovative mental health treatments (ranging from FDA-approved psychedelic medicines to neuromodulation to digital therapeutics to novel molecular approaches) for those patients who are suffering the most. We do this by empowering providers, improving patient care, and accelerating research. Our electronic medical records software is used by mental health doctors and their patients across the US. We analyze the data to help the doctors deliver better care and also offer insights to help research and development of new treatments that actually work.
Backed by top-tier investors (e.g. General Catalyst, Future Ventures, Tiger Global, Y Combinator, Jerry Yang, Joshua Kushner, etc.), Osmind’s team consists of mission-driven experts from across tech and healthcare. We’re a tight-knit group of intellectually rigorous, highly collaborative, deeply caring, and fun team members. We’ve been featured in publications such as Forbes and Crunchbase News.
The opportunityWe are a series A funded Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) building something that actually moves the needle on the global mental health crisis. (See here for an article our cofounder Jimmy wrote about PBC’s.) We are searching for a Product Manager to focus on clinical informatics and the multimodal clinical data collected through our electronic health record (EHR) software and patient mobile app. In this role, you will help our web and mobile applications generate cutting-edge, personalized insights for psychiatric providers and researchers.
Let’s transform mental healthcare, together.
What you’ll do
- Be a product leader in the burgeoning field of precision psychiatry and “big data psychiatry” — lead the development of our multimodal data engine to usher in a new era of mental health. You will be in charge of ensuring we capture the right types of clinical data, in the right formats, with validation and high accuracy, with sufficient compliance at sufficient scale, to generate unparalleled, regulatory-grade, research-ready datasets.
- Work with COO, VP Medical Affairs, Medical Director, VP Life Sciences, engineers, data and quantitative scientists, product designers, product managers, and clinical researchers to gather product requirements and manage our product’s capture and curation of clinical data.
- Define and manage the product roadmap for clinical data work: decide the what, why, and when for related feature development and delivery. Prioritize work based on medical requirements, customer needs (across mental health clinics and life sciences researchers), business development, business strategy, and engineering bandwidth. Work closely with engineering and design using Agile methodology, plan sprints, and own product timelines to ensure on-time delivery of features. Scope features, gather requirements, and coordinate development work.
- Deliver detailed, clear product requirement documents (PRDs) for the engineering and design teams; collaborate with engineers and data scientists who will perform the technical scoping, product designers who will lead UX and UI work, and psychiatrists (e.g. our VP Medical Affairs, Medical Director, VP Life Sciences) who will provide medical and scientific expertise.
A successful first year may include:
- Selecting, prioritizing, and scoping standard clinical data ontologies (e.g. ICD-10, SNOMED CT, LOINC, RxNorm, CPT, etc.) for use within the EHR to facilitate clinician use and interoperability
- Monitoring metrics of existing data capture (e.g. across patient profile, demographics, patient-reported outcomes, clinical notes, etc.) and spearheading initiatives (e.g. UI changes, user education) to address areas of insufficient data capture, validation, accuracy, or compliance
- Working with clinicians to identify how to best display data and insights (e.g. from patient-reported outcomes and passive digital sensing)
- Working with life sciences researchers, data scientists, clinicians, and enterprise business partners to define and implement cutting-edge, novel data streams for precision mental health
- Provide product and clinical informatics expertise to assist data engineers and data scientists with RWD preparation including data mapping, cleaning, and structuring
- 3+ years experience in a product management role, including managing product roadmaps, writing PRDs, tracking and analyzing metrics (e.g. Mixpanel), launching features and products, etc.
- Demonstrated expertise in, and experience working with, healthcare data standards, terminologies, and logic expression such as ICD-10, SNOMED CT, LOINC, RxNorm, UMLS, CPT, HCPCS, FHIR, CQL, etc.
- Prior relevant experience working with clinical data in some capacity; familiarity with clinical data such as labs, vitals, chart notes, medications, etc.
- Willingness to work out of our office in San Francisco 2-3 days per week (public health situation permitting)
- Interest in revolutionizing mental health care and neuropsychiatry
Nice to haves
- Health tech startup experience, demonstrating that you can thrive in our fast-paced startup environment
- Hands-on experience working on RWE, health data interoperability, regulatory submission models, clinical decision support, or related healthcare data projects
- Experience architecting and maintaining pipelines for managing coding sets such as ICD-10, SNOMED CT, CPT, LOINC. (However, note that in the future we will be hiring a clinical informaticist to fully focus on owning clinical nomenclature, detailed curation/maintenance of terminology datasets, and concept mapping to translate terminologies into one another.)
- Competitive salary and equity package.
- 100% employer contribution to healthcare insurance (medical, dental, vision) and 50% contribution for dependents
- 401K matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible working hours to match your style. Hybrid working style with a mix of work-from-home and in-office. In-office in San Francisco (Potrero Hill) 2-3 days a week
- In-office perks: food and lunch, snacks and drinks, happy hours, etc.
- Contribute to one of the most innovative areas of medicine: frontier neuropsychiatry.
- Be part of an all-star team that is intellectually rigorous, highly collaborative, deeply caring, and likes to have fun.
- Tremendous growth opportunity and autonomy given we’re a high-growth startup.