University of the Sciences (USciences) has an immediate need for a qualified candidate for the position of Postdoctoral Researcher. We are currently seeking a highly motivated and creative postdoctoral associate, focused on serotonin drug screening and profiling signaling pathways at G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs). Aims of this project are to assist in developing novel psychedelics or serotonin agents with therapeutic potential.
This is a two-year, grant funded position.
This is the perfect opportunity to join a vibrant campus community whose excellence is reflected in its diversity and student success.
- Independently design and execute pharmacology experiments relevant to new compounds using existing GPCR protocols and methodologies
- Maintain an organized and up-to-date laboratory notebook and computer, complete with methodologies, data, and interpretation of results
- Maintain and work with existing cell lines (freeze/thaw, sub-culturing). Organization of compound libraries and compound stocks
- Communicate weekly with principal investigator about methodologies and data analysis
- Participate in regular lab meetings with principal investigator and research staff and evaluate/interpret the validity of data, novel methodologies, and lab procedures.
- Interact and participate in departmental meetings, including relevant seminars and journal clubs.
- Other related tasks as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities Required
- Candidates with a doctorate in either pharmacology, biochemistry, cell biology, and/or medicinal chemistry, who are capable of independent work in a laboratory setting.
- Candidates should have a strong background in compound screening utilizing receptor binding assays, GPCR functional assay screening, cell culture and aseptic technique, and biochemical assay design.
- Candidates are also strongly recommended to have molecular pharmacology experience with mastery of molecular biology techniques.
- Candidates with a strong track record of publications in the fields of biochemistry, pharmacology and/or neuroscience are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The finalist will be required to successfully pass a background check.
For consideration, please upload a cover letter and CV. These documents must be submitted together as one document through the resume upload field.
USciences values and supports a diverse and inclusive place to learn and work. Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
About the Community
USciences is a part of the University City District (UCD) which has world-renowned anchor institutions, small businesses, and residents. Our area is rich with health systems that provide direct patient care as well as numerous opportunities for collaborative research and clinical practice. Our institution is within walking distance to the Philadelphia VA, Children’s Hospital of Pennsylvania, the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, and a city health center. UCD is also a vibrant place to work and live. It’s a destination for eclectic food, boasts excellent public transit, and also has bike lanes and numerous bike share locations. With a Walk Score of 90, it is one of the most walkable neighborhoods in Philadelphia. For more information about UCD, please visit their website at: https://www.universitycity.org/
At USciences we create a better world in many ways. We educate the next generation of leaders in healthcare and science, increase the world’s knowledge and improve the lives of people around the planet.
USciences offers a wealth of opportunities for individuals seeking job, career and personal growth. Our campus community affords a wide range of faculty and staff positions that support our academic programs and students with many jobs similar to those found in private organizations.
If you are motivated by being surrounded by achievement, enjoy work with a shared purpose and want the pride that comes with being part of a winning team, join us today.