Cybin has an exciting opportunity to join the growing team!
A leading biotechnology company, Cybin is focused on and dedicated to progressing psychedelic therapeutics by utilizing proprietary drug discovery platforms, innovative drug delivery systems, novel formulation approaches, and treatment regimens for psychiatric disorders. To learn more about Cybin, visit https://www.cybin.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Patent Agent will become a subject matter expert on internal innovation, draft and prosecute patent applications to protect innovation. Working closely with the company’s research, development, pre-clinical, clinical, and program management teams, the Patent Agent will capture new intellectual property, identify needed enabling data to support filings, respond to office actions, and work with stakeholders across the organization as a subject matter expert on intellectual property. Reporting to the General Counsel, the Patent Agent will spearhead the company’s continued market leadership in intellectual property.
- Reporting to the General Counsel, the Patent Agent will become a subject matter expert on internal innovation
- Attend internal meetings with the scientific teams across the company as necessary to support the company’s patent and trade secrets portfolio
- Draft and prosecute patents
- Direct outside law firms on patent filing and docketing
- Review publications, press releases, and other pre-public information in support of the company’s intellectual property
- Assess invention disclosures and advise the company
- Any additional duties which may be assigned from time to time
- A resident of the United States or Canada
- Registered Patent Agent with the US Patent and Trademark Office or Registered Patent Agent on the Register of Patent Agents in a Member State of the European Economic Area
- MS in chemistry, pharmacology, or neuroscience, Ph.D. preferred
- At least three years practicing as a patent agent prosecuting patents in the United States, Canada, or in a Member State of the European Economic Area
- Experience interviewing inventors, drafting patent applications, and prosecuting patents
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and professional demeanor
- Highly organized, ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment, and excellent attention to detail
- Written and verbal English fluency, proficiency in chemistry and pharmacology terminology
- Desire to work with a growing company with a great culture
- Experience working in pharmaceuticals preferred