Psilo Scientific is a company dedicated to the research and development of fungal and botanicals extracts for pharmaceutical and nutraceutical purposes. Psilo Scientific is seeking a person experienced in mushroom cultivation to assist with the propagation of mushrooms as well as the study of the effect of different strains and growing conditions upon their ability to produce various metabolites.
Psilo Scientific is looking for an enthusiastic individual with solid experience working with various fungal strains, mushroom cultivation, and propagation. This is a research and development position and the ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a laboratory environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of all aspects of the mushroom cultivation program from raw material sourcing to maximizing yield and quality of mushrooms.
- Manage and maintain fungal strain collection
- Manage the inspection and maintenance of equipment
- Create mother cultures using a variety of methods including tissue culture, spore germination from print, or liquid culture.
- Produce and maintain grain spawn for cultivation
- Create and maintain batch records for mother culture, grain, and substrate for use in mushroom cultivation
- Create and control standard production measurements
- Assessing, initiating and responding to changing growth characteristics to optimize efficiency and quality of growing process
- Perform experiments comparing the effects of various media on fungal growth
- Assess, document, and manage appropriate growing environment for mushrooms, including temperature, humidity, air flow, and CO2 levels in beds and in incubating and grow rooms
- Assess & manage minimum inventory of supplies necessary for daily operations
- Meticulously catalog and track strain information and historical grow data
- Performs any other additional duties as needed by the Psilo Scientific Team
- Bachelor’s of Science required, MSc. or PhD preferred (Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Horticulture, Agriculture or a related discipline)
- At least 5 years of experience working with mushrooms
- Training and experience handling fungal organisms, growing fungal in different mediums, and substrate production.
- Innovative mindset, collaborative team player, effective critical thinker, clear communicator (oral and written), and possess excellent troubleshooting skills
Must be legally allowed to live and work in Canada
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time (negotiable)
Hours of Work: 20 – 40 hours per week (negotiable)
Schedule: Monday-Friday (time Negotiable)
Education: BSc, MSc, or PhD in a related discipline
Earnings & Benefits: Negotiable, depending on experience
Part-time hours: 20-40 per week
Expected start date: 2021-03-15
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings