Numinus Bioscience is a licensed laboratory located in British Columbia. It is one of the largest research facilities in Western Canada and a global leader in psychedelic research. Its purpose is to research and develop psychedelic formulations and methods, led by a team of specialized scientists using state-of-the-art equipment. Numinus Bioscience holds a Controlled Drugs and Substances license issued by Health Canada, through which it works with a range of psychedelic substances, including DMT, ketamine, LSD, MDMA, mescaline, psilocybin, psilocin.
With rapid advancement on our expansion strategy, we are now hiring a Mushroom Research Associate. This position is ideal for an individual with a strong science background in mycology who is seeking to take part in the acceleration of psychedelic mushroom research. This position is suited to an individual experienced in working with various fungal strains, mushroom cultivation, and propagation as well as tissue culture and molecular techniques.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Part of a team responsible for all aspects of the mushroom cultivation program including optimization and maximizing yield and quality of mushrooms.
• Manage and maintain spore bank and tissue culture library.
• Ongoing management of equipment and tools.
• Maintenance of batch records and tracking of controlled materials.
• Generation of parental cultures using various techniques.
• Produce and maintain grain spawn for cultivation.
• Create Standard Operating Procedures.
• Implement Quality Management Systems and Good Agricultural Practices.
• Oversee junior technicians.
• Performs any other additional duties as required.
• Optimization of tissue culture processes and procedures.
• Optimization of DNA extraction techniques.
• Oversee the implementation of genomic verification program.
WHO YOU ARE,
- Masters degree in Mycology or related field.
- Proficient in tissue culture.
- Proficient in molecular techniques.
- Experience in analytical techniques.
- Experience working in a controlled environment a plus.
- Strong time management, organizational and prioritization skills, with attention to detail.
- Able to work well under pressure during high (peak) workloads and balancing conflicting demands of high volume versus the quality of work.
- Proven ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly professional environment.
- Current WHMIS and First Aid certification preferred.
- Experience in LIMS and/or QMS an asset
At Numinus, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and accessible work environment. We welcome and celebrate differences because we believe a multitude of perspectives fosters innovation and will help us achieve our ultimate purpose of delivering the highest quality outcomes to the people we serve. Our culture is one of belonging in which each person is accepted and valued for their individuality. As such, if you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know so we can work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all of those who take the time to apply; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.