Quantified Citizen is a Canadian-based mobile health startup developing solutions to disrupt the clinical and health product research markets. We empower professional researchers to easily create their own scientific studies, while building a movement towards more timely insights into the latest health research for citizens of all kinds.
We launched our flagship mobile research app in November 2019 on the Joe Rogan Experience and have since had over 31,000 iOS app installs with a 4.8 star rating. Among our initial studies, we’ve partnered with world-famous mycologist Paul Stamets on a UBC research ethics approved 12,000+ participant correlational study on the effects of microdosing psychedelic substances on cognitive performance and mental health. We’ve also partnered with award-winning cinematographer Louie Schwartzberg on a 5,000 participant gratitude study.
Help us bring health research to everyone!
We are seeking a marketing lead to help democratize health research through bringing participants from all over the world into a delightful app experience, allowing them to participate in studies of all kinds while gaining ongoing data about themselves. This will be the company’s first marketing hire!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Partnering with our team to craft QC’s initial go-to market strategy while defining the tactics to bring it to life.
- Leverage our existing organic interest and user base through email marketing.
- Plan, design, build out and engage our dynamic community, through platforms such as Discord & Reddit.
- Grow our audience and bring QC’s story to life across social media: Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- Support the process of a brand re-imagining, helping us to project to the world what our values and mission.
- Help us turn the ideas of Quantified Self from a movement into a practical part of one’s life.
- Track the effectiveness of what’s working across marketing channels using a data-informed approach.
- Collaborate with mission-aligned partners and with our PR team on new announcements and launches.
- Lead outreach to mission-aligned partners and media outlets and manage public relations process through our upcoming funding round, product launch and beyond.
- Identify influencers and creators who will be passionate about our mission, and manage outreach and subsequent campaigns.
- Help us build in public as much as we possibly can.
What We Expect from You
- Age and education do not define your experience, but rather proven success bringing brands and products to market.
- You are plugged into platforms like Twitter, Clubhouse, TikTok & Instagram, and can gather the most up to date and effective strategies for paid and unpaid customer acquisition.
- You have an opinion on what marketing channels are the most effective for our use case. Can we navigate the dark arts of SEO? Is email marketing a sure bet? We expect you to have a clear answer on these types of questions.
- You understand modern community building techniques and best practices.
- You love to build content strategies & plans that drive real results : you’re interested in building content strategies that resonate and drive acquisition goals
- You’ve worked with early-stage startups and know how to operate effectively in ambiguity and fast-paced environments.
- You are a lifelong learner, comfortable and eager to learn about new domains and teach yourself new skills every day.
- You are an effective collaborator and relationship builder. You’ve worked with cross-disciplinary teams in the past to deliver marketing campaigns that drive results.
- You’re extremely organized: any good marketer knows that ideas are only as good as their execution. You’re an adept project manager that can bring ideas to life in an organized way.
How to Apply
Candidates seriously interested should email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the role’s title in your subject line. In the email, include:
- Why you’re excited about what we are doing
- Relevant descriptions, links and brief metrics that show previous success.
- Your salary expectations
A video would be welcome, but is not expected.