The Managing Director will report directly to the Board and be expected to oversee all commercials, operations and people for the group.
Your focus will be on driving revenue growth, motivating a highly talented team and maintaining the quality of all outputs across our various brands and business lines. Always with a view to maximising shareholder return.
You must stay up-to-date and play a role in driving commercial, legal and regulatory developments across both the cannabis and psychedelics industries.
Location: London, England, United Kingdom (Remote)
We are a global leader in cannabis data, tech and media with a portfolio that includes some of the best-known B2B brands in the industry. The Managing Director would have oversight and responsibility for the full portfolio.
Prohibition Partners provides strategic solutions to an international client base of investors, operators, blue chip companies, FMCG brands and government bodies.
ATALIS is a SaaS platform that empowers the global cannabis industry to make better business decisions through research, data and intelligence. Launching January 2021.
PSYCH helps investors, operators and regulators navigate the nascent psychedelics industry.
Prohibition Partners LIVE brings together delegates from every corner of the globe to help share transformative knowledge and shape the future of the cannabis industry.
Cannabis Europa is a highly regarded conference series which is widely attended by governments, regulators and investors.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Set the overall strategic direction of the business alongside the Board
- Provide effective leadership to deliver business performance and growth
- Implement company policy and drive any changes necessary
- Support the Head of Finance by providing relevant information as required
- Own the P&L, management accounts and various business KPIs
- Manage existing and new relationships with key business stakeholders
- Represent the company at events and other networking opportunities
- Delegate responsibilities and supervise team to drive maximum performance
- Manage staff and freelance eco-system with respect and motivation
- Stand over quality of all content and data outputs across various business lines
- Create and implement clear operating procedures and ways of working
- Manage the day-to-day business affairs
What We Expect from You
- We want someone at the top of their game.
- You must be a true leader who is proven at director or senior manager level in a management consultancy firm, SaaS scale up or digital agency. You have a superb grasp of digital business models with excellent commercial, organisational and leadership skills. You must have impeccable attention to detail and oversight on all aspects of the business.
- You are a believer in cannabis and psychedelics and want to further access and acceptability around the world. You should have thorough knowledge of the changes and forces that influence these two industries – as well as an understanding of the impact and disruption that they will cause to healthcare, pharma, FMCG and tobacco.
- As Managing Director, you must bring to the table absolute experience in successfully leading, managing and appraising teams. You will have the autonomy to run the business as per your direction with support from an experienced Board as required.
Attractive basic salary, bonus and share options.
This position can be fully remote for anyone based in the UK however, there will be a requirement for you to travel to London for occasional meetings.