MindMed is a leading $1B+ biotech, focusing on mental health. With breakthrough clinical research in psychiatric medicines and treatments, utilizing novel AI digital measures, we are turning our vision to help millions of people around the world into reality.
Founded in 2019 with a current team of 50, we are continuously expanding our presence throughout North America, central Europe and Australia and are constantly searching for high impact individuals.
We are looking for a high trajectory Legal Counsel to join our team. You will expand our legal team presence led by our General Counsel and will directly work with teams and leaders across our organisation to support our corporate, business, clinical and tech initiatives.
You are an experienced professional in multiple legal aspects of running and growing international startups. You have a business first approach with strong attention to detail. You can easily drive efforts and cross organisational change thanks to excellent communication, cross team interaction and project management skill set. You have a natural drive for innovation and automation. And you are fun!
- Legal ownership and support for a wide variety of business transactions, including drafting and negotiating agreements for clinical research organization services, laboratory services and phase 1 and 2 clinical studies with clinical pharmacology units, master services agreements and clinical vendor agreements
- Advises different intra company stakeholders on governance and corporate issues
- Owns designated corporate agenda
- Drafts and secures execution of certain corporate documents
- As a part of the legal team, drafts, negotiates and secures execution of various contracts such as Service Agreements, Consulting Agreements, Vendor Agreements; Data Processing Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements and others
- Overall Legal Support
- Owns and drives designated legal projects
- Provides internal legal support/coordinates external counsels in other areas of law such as Intellectual Property, HR, Compliance and Regulatory, Financing, PR and Marketing.
- Supporting the continuous improvement of the contract management process, the development of new or improved templates and tools and enhancing the efficiency of the overall contracting process
- Working in rapidly growing, often not well defined environment with strong focus on execution
- Being self motivated and driven
- Managing a variety of priorities under tight timelines
- Working collaboratively with fast paced, fully distributed team under guidance of General Counsel
- Working for multiple stakeholders and managing multiple priorities
- JD/LLM from respected US law school
- Licensed to practice law or eligibility for licensure as a registered in-house counsel within the US
- 4+ years of experience participating in legal projects/initiatives in biotechnology, pharmaceuticals and/or healthcare at a law firm and/or as an in-house lawyer