Noetic Foundry is seeking an experienced, highly-motivated Medicinal Chemist to lead the inaugural research project at one of its portfolio companies. Partnering with venture investors, the university affiliated research team will work towards psychopharmacological innovations that can be commercialized to improve mental healthcare.
Working with the world-class Principal Investigator, the Lead Medicinal Chemist will ideate and drive research efforts for novel compounds and drive them towards lead optimization and IND-enabling studies. The key aspects of this role are to propose and execute synthetic strategies for small molecules.
The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of drug discovery, and a track record of excellence in comparable environments.
• Design and synthesize analogs for structure-activity relationship (SAR) studies.
• Utilize synthetic strategies to design and execute organic syntheses of target molecules.
• Isolate and purify compounds by flash chromatography and other methods.
• Confirm identities of synthesized molecules by NMR, MS, elemental analysis and other relevant techniques.
• Research existing literature to formulate medicinal chemistry strategies.
• Accurately document experiments and results in laboratory notebooks in a timely fashion.
• Draft manuscripts and present scientific results at meetings.
• Maintain a safe and productive laboratory environment.
• Work on several different projects of varying lengths and complexity.
• Work collaboratively with PIs, other research team members and administrative staff.
The ideal candidate:
• Holds a Ph.D. degree in organic chemistry or medicinal chemistry.
• Has 4 years of synthetic organic chemistry lab experience.
• Has a strong knowledge of current synthetic methods.
• Has excellent written, organizational and documentation skills.
• Has demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
• Has a strong knowledge of organic chemical reactions, mechanisms and the ability to plan and develop complex multi-step syntheses.
• Has some understanding of medicinal chemistry and pharmacology.
• Experience in working as part of a multidisciplinary team highly desirable.
• Experience in computer-assisted rational drug design with molecular modeling and docking is a bonus.
• Previous neuroscience research experience is an asset.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience.