The Clinical Retreat Team Lead works closely together with the Spiritual Care Lead and shares responsibility for the direction and supervision of the retreat team during retreats, guiding participants through group and private psychedelic ceremonies, facilitating deep psycho-spiritual transformational processes, and ensuring high-quality and consistent retreat rituals and protocols. The Clinical Retreat Team Lead ensures adherence to state of the art therapeutic and safety protocols and has a special responsibility to safeguard the clinical support to participants who are experiencing challenging experiences and/or the integration thereof.
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Synthesis offers safe, legal, medically supervised psychedelic retreats in Amsterdam. We make the psychedelic experience accessible for curious individuals who want to utilize moderate-to-high doses of truffles to catalyze creative breakthroughs, explore consciousness, find meaning, improve confidence, and search for a mystical experience.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Deep understanding of the psychedelic retreat experience, specifically psilocybin truffles
- Personal experience with altered states of consciousness and an understanding of what others in altered states of consciousness need to feel safe and supported
- Strong organizational and administrative abilities:
- Time management
- Attention to detail
- Effective written, communication, and computer skills
- Professionalism: excellent and effective interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work well with people of all ages, backgrounds, etc.
- The ability to be flexible, especially in regards to this positions’ work schedule, and possess a willingness to adapt to changing situations and to learn new tasks
- The ability to solve problems and remain grounded while working under stress
- Enthusiasm, charisma, creativity, humor, leadership skills, and individual initiative
- Support/embody the mission and vision of Synthesis
What We Expect from You
- Health professional experience, a Doctor, Psychiatrist, Medic, Registered or Licensed Practical Nurse experience in high-volume work, including:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of healthcare experience in a professional setting
- MA or PhD in medical, health, or fitness related field; or a nursing degree, EMT/Paramedic, Medical Assistant, Nursing Assistant and/or Phlebotomist with appropriate current certification, registration and/or licensure in the state or country of practice preferred
- Prior experience and proven proficiency in health screener positions and/or experience with psychiatric/clinical assessment, especially in the field of psychedelic psychotherapy or research
- Strong organization focused on the well-being of the customer, optimal results for their retreat
- Knowledge of contraindications, potential interaction effects, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacodynamics as they relate to the use of psilocybin truffles in particular and psychedelic retreat experiences in general
- Awareness of current professional standards in the field of psychedelic psychotherapy and/or willing and capable to
- pick it up while running. Basic knowledge of psychiatric compounds and psychiatric
- disorders is a must
- Capable of creating risk assessments based on limited scientific research, anecdotal evidence, and hypotheses; capable of building and testing working theories
- A network with psychedelic scientists or psychedelic clinicians (pharmacists, etc.), resources and process to remain informed on best practices and address questions on an ad hoc basis
- The ideal candidate has some practice or is grounded in contemplative or shamanic practice, has personal experience with psychedelics
What We Provide for You:
- Training & Meeting Pay
- Hourly Compensation
- Travel Expense Reimbursement
- Holiday & Sick Pay*
How to Apply
When applying for a role at Synthesis please include:
- Your CV
- A brief 2-minute video introducing yourself
- What’s your background in relation to the role?
- Why do you want to work in the psychedelic field?
- Why are you a great fit for Synthesis?
- Anything else we should know about you.
- Record, upload online to Vidyard and send us the link (not the file).