The Spiritual Care Retreat Team Lead works closely together with the Clinical Team Lead and shares responsibility for the direction and supervision of the retreat team during retreats, guiding participants through group and private psychedelic ceremonies, facilitating deep psycho-spiritual transformational processes, and ensuring high-quality and consistent retreat rituals and protocols. The Spiritual Care Team Lead ensures the creative, spiritual, religious and ceremonial qualities of retreats, and safeguards the spiritual emergence/shamanic perspective in evaluating and supporting participants who are experiencing challenging experiences and/or the integration thereof.
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Job Type: Full-time
Synthesis offers safe, legal, medically supervised psychedelic retreats in Amsterdam. We make the psychedelic experience accessible for curious individuals who want to utilize moderate-to-high doses of truffles to catalyze creative breakthroughs, explore consciousness, find meaning, improve confidence, and search for a mystical experience.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Functions as a senior staff member in leadership and coordination with the Synthesis management team
- Supervises retreat operations together with the Synthesis Retreat Director
- Supports staff that provides reception and medical assistance
- Displays full understanding of area of expertise and shows high functional responsibility
- Plans, organizes, delivers, and monitors training and supervision to trainees, employees, and participants as needed
- Supervises retreat staff to ensure high quality of offered service and ethical and spiritual conduct. Furthermore, candidate contributes to the personal, professional, and spiritual growth of staff and team
- Works with Director and other staff to develop a vibrant and sustainable training program aimed at increasing the skills and capacity of Synthesis staff and trainees
- Assists leadership with program development, budget management, research of best practices, and resource development
- Contributes to program evaluations and operations, outcome data and makes recommendations regarding service, practices, and/or methodologies
- Is willing to work on a potentially full-time position on location in Zandvoort, the Netherlands 2 retreats per month and administrative hours during off-retreat weeks
What We Expect from You
- Practicing and licensed (where applicable) in spiritual-centric modalities and interventions. Preference for candidates with an endorsement from a major religious or spiritual tradition; and candidates who are affiliated with a spiritual teacher, guide or mentor, and/or a church, sangha, or temple.Preference for candidates with licensure and/or credentials in relevant field of expertise
- A minimum of five years of relevant experience in group-work and leading groups
- Experienced in providing supervision to staff
- Able to participate in the selection, hiring, and onboarding of new staff
- Ability to advise department directors and staff on various issues pertaining to areas of responsibility
- Demonstrated knowledge of performance management standards and human resources related policies and procedures
- Training in spiritual support operations and staffing required
- Skills in coaching, mentoring and motivating staff
- Skills to collaborate effectively with Synthesis staff members
- Compassionate social communicator
- Must be computer literate, skills in Word, Excel and scheduling systems, and cloud-based alternatives
- Mindful and aware of sociopolitical and cultural sensitivities around mainstreaming psychedelics
- Extensive interdisciplinary knowledge of and working experience with psychedelics is a must
- Extensive personal experience with expanded states of consciousness is a must
- Experience anticipating and analyzing problems, gathering information, and creating solutions
- Skill in exercising independent judgment, exercising problem urgency and taking appropriate action
- Is deeply committed to an ongoing spiritual or religious practice
- Displays high levels of self-care and can lead by example
- Demonstrated skill in maintaining confidentiality and patient privacy
- Knowledge of Netherlands compliance is a bonus
- Experience working within a start-up is a bonus
What We Provide for You:
- Training & Meeting Pay
- Hourly Compensation
- Travel Expense Reimbursement
- Holiday & Sick Pay*
How to Apply
When applying for a role at Synthesis please include:
- Your CV
- A brief 2-minute video introducing yourself
- What’s your background in relation to the role?
- Why do you want to work in the psychedelic field?
- Why are you a great fit for Synthesis?
- Anything else we should know about you.
- Record, upload online to Vidyard and send us the link (not the file).