Noetic is the preeminent investment group in the emerging psychedelic pharmaceutical industry. We are looking for a talented Analytical Chemist to support one of our portfolio companies. We operate accross the Noetic Fund I & II, as well as our operating company Noetic Labs.
The role will require a unique mix of skills, experience and interests related to the study of psychoactive plants and compounds. The ideal candidate has earned a PhD in chemistry. Master’s degree will also be accepted.
The candidate must also possess a keen entrepreneurial spirit that will manifest in top-down industry research, bottom-up financial analysis and investment recommendations for our portfolios. The leadership group is based in Chicago and we are looking for a candidate either already in Chicago or willing to relocate. This role will not be available for remote work.
The General Partners of Noetic Psychedelic Fund came together with the strong belief that psychoactive plants and their related compounds offer medical science a truly ‘disruptive technology’ for treating many of society’s greatest unmet medical and mental health needs. We believe the psychedelic pharmaceutical industry is only just emerging and that it will experience exponential growth over the coming decade as new psychedelic-based medicines and therapies are approved by national regulators and adopted by mainstream medicine.
Psychedelic medicine offers higher efficacy rates, minimal toxicity, lower treatment costs and customized solutions to those suffering from medical and mental health disorders. These breakthroughs will help transform the mental healthcare industry to move from treating a patient’s symptoms to providing long-term holistic solutions to patient problems. With disruption, changes occur quickly and the magnitude of change can be staggering. This nascent industry will offer first-movers, entrepreneurs and investors alike, a myriad of opportunities. We believe this opportunity set will manifest across intellectual property, medicine research and development, therapeutic modalities and networks, education, diagnostic technologies, integrated and holistic wellness centres and beyond.
Psychedelic-based medicines and their related therapies are generally unknown, under-researched and hard-to-value by the investment industry. This creates rare and fertile ground for first-mover investors. With opportunities abound to invest in and partner with medical and academic researchers, entrepreneurs, nascent pharmaceutical companies and other thought leaders, GHP is building a multi-faceted investment and merchant banking platform to help early-stage companies bring their novel medicines and technologies to market.
Primary Responsibilities, Requirements and Representative Tasks:
- PhD with 0-5 years of experience (MS with 5-10 years of experience will be considered).
- Strong background in organic chemistry and some experience in medicinal chemistry
- Experience in tryptamine chemistry (preferred)
- Experience in natural products organic chemistry (required)
- Experience in general bioprocess, cell culture chemistry (preferred)
- Interest in entheogen organic chemistry (required)
- Ability to manage small laboratory
- Extensive Hands-on experience with analytical and purification techniques, including NMR, FTIR, HPLC, LC-MS, FLASH and preparative chromatography, production of standards and protein/.small molecule extraction and purification
- Interest in R&D design and publication writing (preferred)
- We offer a competitive compensation package
Job Type: Part-time or Full Time onsite (Chicago)
Education: PhD (preferred) or Masters (required)
Experience: Laboratory experience of a minimum of 5 years
Interested candidates are asked to email their CVs to
Sara Nahon: firstname.lastname@example.org