Numinus Bioscience is a licensed laboratory located in British Columbia. It is one of the largest research facilities in Western Canada and a global leader in psychedelic research. Its purpose is to research and develop psychedelic formulations and methods, led by a team of specialized scientists using state-of-the-art equipment. Numinus Bioscience holds a Controlled Drugs and Substances license issued by Health Canada, through which it works with a range of psychedelic substances, including DMT, ketamine, LSD, MDMA, mescaline, psilocybin, psilocin.
With rapid advancement on our expansion strategy, we are now hiring a Laboratory Technician in our High Throughput Analytical Testing Division. This position is ideal for an individual with a strong science background in chemistry who is seeking to take part in the acceleration of cannabis and psychedelic testing initiatives. This position is suited to an individual who has knowledge of analytical techniques and instrumentation through honors projects or work experience and shows an aptitude for learning.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Part of the high throughput team that performs routine analysis of cannabis and psychedelic products.
- Perform laboratory testing including pre-and post-analytical phases.
- Follow SOPs and be part of change management of processes as required.
- Analysis of raw data.
- Equipment calibration and validation.
- Test calibration and calculation.
- Troubleshooting and basic equipment maintenance.
- Methods development, validation and reporting.
- Ensure regulatory compliance working with GLP and GMP environment.
- Maintain and update databases.
- Complete maintenance and inventory logs as required.
- Assist in Method Development/HPLC-MS/MS and GC-MS/MS as needed.
- Complete data analysis as required.
- Performs any other additional duties as required.
WHO YOU ARE,
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or related field.
- Experience in analytical techniques.
- Experience working in a controlled environment a plus.
- Strong time management, organizational and prioritization skills, with attention to detail.
- Able to work well under pressure during high (peak) workloads and balancing conflicting demands of high volume versus the quality of work.
- Proven ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly professional environment.
- Current WHMIS and First Aid certification preferred.
- Experience in LIMS and/or QMS an asset
- Familiarity with microbial testing following pharmacopeia methods is an asset.