Numinus is on a mission to help people heal and be well. The costs of mental illness, addiction and trauma are too high – that’s why we’re developing new treatments and approaches that use rigorous, up-to-date research and methodologies to support solutions for healing. We are a public company listed on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol $NUMI.
Reporting to the Head of Laboratory and working with a team of scientists and technicians, this full-time role will carry out sample preparation, analytical measurements, data recording and result interpretation. You will bring experience in a laboratory environment with work procedures in order to extract reliable and valid results in a timely manner.
This is a 40-hour/week, hourly opportunity offering a competitive hourly rate, 2 weeks vacation and benefits working from our 7,000 sq. ft lab in Nanaimo.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Prepare incoming samples or specimens
- Perform laboratory tests including pre- and post-analytical phases
- Familiar with microbial testing following pharmacopeia methods is an asset
- Analyze and record the resulting data in a proficient manner
- Record data and present data results in required formats
- Follow standard operating procedures on various tasks
- Research relevant topics and gather information
- Maintain and update in-house literature and other databases
- Adhere to correct procedures, policies and health/safety guidelines
- Document all activities, record results and insert/retrieve data
- Maintain work area and equipment
- Assist in Method Development/HPLC-MS/MS and GC-MS/MS
- Participate in training of new technologies, methods and other professional development activities
WHO YOU ARE
- Familiar with automated laboratory equipment, HPLC, GC/MS, HPLC/MS/MS, GC-FID
- 1+ years of experience in quality assurance and quality control in an analytical laboratory setting
- Post‐secondary school education or equivalent experience (Diploma, B.Sc.)
- Accuracy and close attention to detail
- WHMIS training
- Strong analytical judgement
- Current driver’s license
- Currently located in and authorized to work in Canada
- Nice to have: First Aid Certificate (can be obtained at a later date)
- Computer literacy (MS Office Suite, Google Suite, vendor-specific instrument software)
MORE ABOUT NUMINUS BIOSCIENCE (Nanaimo)
Numinus Bioscience is an arm of Numinus, committed to helping its customers create safe and reliable products through analytical services and full-spectrum testing that take a consultative approach. Based in Nanaimo, BC, we use a combination of state-of-the-art equipment, acclaimed scientists, lab technicians, and proprietary methods that exceed Health Canada standards to ensure our results are accurate and validated. Our 7,000-square-foot facility is one of the largest testing labs in Western Canada, staffed by scientists who are passionate about providing our clients with accurate information about their products. With competitive pricing and industry-leading service times of 3-5 days, we take pride in being one of Canada’s most efficient and cost-effective cannabis-focused laboratories.
In 2019, Numinus Bioscience was one of the first laboratories in Canada to be granted a narcotics dealer’s license for the testing and distribution of several medical psychedelic substances to support efforts towards addressing the growing trend of mental health issues. Effective June 12, 2020, Numinus Bioscience has a license amendment from Health Canada which allows us to produce and extract psilocybin from mushrooms. This positions Numinus as the first publicly-traded company in Canada permitted to conduct research to standardize the extraction of psilocybin from mushrooms.
To learn more about Numinus’s other arms, visit numinus.ca.