ATAI is a Berlin, New York and London based biotech company builder leveraging a decentralized, data-driven platform model with the aim of ultimately healing mental health disorders. We are dedicated to bringing innovation to mental healthcare, a field that has seen little progress since the development of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) and serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs) in the 1980s and 1990s, respectively.
From a drug development perspective, ATAI sees significant potential in 5HT2A agonists, atypical opioids, as well as drugs that act on the glutamatergic and GABAergic systems. Moreover. In contrast to traditional neuropsychiatric drug development, we cultivate early-stage polypharmacological drugs that impact key mental health biomarkers and have been de-risked, either by anecdotal evidence or off-label clinical use.
We now have eight companies developing innovative solutions in mental healthcare, including COMPASS Pathways (psilocybin for treatment-resistant depression), DemeRx (ibogaine for opioid use disorder), and EntheogeniX (leveraging AI and computational biophysics to develop the next generation of psychedelics).
- Be a major contributor to the success of a well-positioned, well-financed, early-stage biotech company
- Become part of creating a radically new and impactful paradigm shift in drug development and patient care
- Work on improving the lives of millions of people with a real unmet need
- An open, results-driven and meritocratic start-up culture
- Directly support the ATAI team in operational and administrative matters
- Support to set up processes and business functions at our subsidiary ventures
- Take-over own projects which add value to our ventures
- Assist the management and investment-team in fundraising and deal-flow processes
- Support in setting up meetings and agreements with external partners
- Facilitate best-practice sharing to ensure that high-quality standards are maintained across our subsidiaries
- Produce ad hoc financial, industry, and competitive analyses for ATAI and subsidiary venture management
- Outstanding Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related field from a top tier university
- Comfortable in fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and limited structures
- Prior internship experience in venture capital, high-growth startup, consulting and/or investment banking required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in German and English
- Highly analytical mindset
- Excellent Project Management and MS Office Skills (especially Excel)
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Willingness to go the extra mile and meet tight deadlines
Location: Berlin (Germany)
employment: internship position
desired duration: 3 to 6 months
How to apply
Join us to improve the lives of millions suffering from a real unmet medical need – apply today via the apply button on the right and send us your updated CV, your degree certificates (including grades), and potential references. We are looking for ambitious Talents, who like to go the extra mile. If you have any links to projects or extra-curricula activities, please also share them with us.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to write us:
Human Resource Manager