ATAI is a Berlin, New York, and London based biotech company builder leveraging a decentralized, data-driven platform model with the aim of ultimately healing mental health disorders. We are dedicated to bringing innovation to mental healthcare, a field that has seen little progress since the development of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) and serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs) in the 1980s and 1990s, respectively.
From a drug development perspective, ATAI sees significant potential in 5HT2A agonists, atypical opioids, as well as drugs that act on the glutamatergic and GABAergic systems. In contrast to traditional neuropsychiatric drug development, we cultivate early-stage polypharmacological drugs that impact key mental health biomarkers and have been de-risked, either by anecdotal evidence or off-label clinical use.
We now have eight companies in our portfolio developing innovative solutions in mental healthcare, including COMPASS Pathways (psilocybin for treatment-resistant depression), DemeRx (ibogaine for opioid use disorder), and EntheogeniX (leveraging AI and computational biophysics to develop the next generation of psychedelics).
Employment type: full-time
Location: New York, Berlin
- Be a major contributor to the success of a well-positioned, well-financed, rapidly growing biotech platform
- Become part of an unparalleled effort towards developing and commercializing paradigm-shifting treatments in the mental health space
- Work on improving the lives of millions of people with a real unmet need
- Experience an open, and transparent start-up culture with a clear focus on execution and results
- Shape and grow a new business within ATAI
Controlling and Reporting
- Responsible for all financial administration for the ATAI AG, US Inc. and potentially also for our subsidiaries
- Management of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, predominantly liaising with external book-keepers
- Maintain all financial records and accounts required and to produce, and present reports and financial summaries as required
- Monitor all expenditures, orders raised, payments etc, and overseeing the processing of journal entries, bank reconciliations, petty cash, credit cards etc.
- Liaise with Accountants to deliver Statutory returns and period-end tasks.
Planning and Analysis
- Provide financial and commercial direction in operating and growing the business, budget planning and execution and delivering projects
- Prepare and lead budget / finance-led meetings with the management team
- Deliver financial information to non-finance colleagues
Finance function development
- Examine the efficiency of financial processes, streamlining and automating where relevant
- Ensuring that all relevant financial and accounting processes are completed
- Document and develop financial processes and control frameworks ahead of audit
- Prepare and develop finance capabilities required for institutional Investor fundraising and public capital markets.
- You graduated from a top-tier university with an excellent academic record with a business or finance degree
- You have 5+ years of working experience in Accounting and/or Financial Analysis
- Advanced Excel and good MS Office skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Budget setting and Financial Management processes
- You have a strong track record in contributing to cross-functional teams in advancing projects
- You are passionate about creating spot on analyses and strong recommendations for the C-Level
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, German is a plus
- You are highly empathetic with an outstanding ability to work multi-culturally
- You are willing to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment and to adapt to new situations as they arise
How to apply
Join us to improve the lives of millions suffering from a real unmet medical need – apply today via the apply button on the right and send us your updated CV, your degree certificates and references.
Please note that we can only accept applications from people that have a valid EU work permit.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.