There are 22M+ Americans who suffer from treatment-resistant mental health conditions, meaning they’ve failed two or more conventional treatments. Our mission is to further innovative mental health treatments (ranging from FDA-approved psychedelic medicines to neuromodulation to digital therapeutics to novel molecular approaches) for those patients who are suffering the most. We do this by empowering providers, improving patient care, and accelerating research. Our electronic medical records software is used by mental health doctors and their patients across the US. We analyze the data to help the doctors deliver better care and also offer insights to help research and development of new treatments that actually work.
Backed by top-tier investors (e.g. General Catalyst, Future Ventures, Tiger Global, Y Combinator, Jerry Yang, Joshua Kushner, etc.), Osmind’s team consists of mission-driven experts from across tech and healthcare. We’re a tight-knit group of intellectually rigorous, highly collaborative, deeply caring, and fun team members. We’ve been featured in publications such as Forbes and Crunchbase News.
We are a Series A funded Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) building something that actually moves the needle on the global mental health crisis. (See here for an article our cofounder Jimmy wrote about PBC’s.) We are searching for our first Finance and Bizops Manager to lead our finance and bizops functions and help bring their analytical abilities to better forecast and operate our business.Let’s transform mental healthcare, together.
What you’ll do
- Manage monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting. Work with our accountants to properly close books and define accounts
- Spearhead our budgeting and planning processes. Work with the leadership team to forecast revenue, expenses, and cash burn. Directly advise CEO on fundraising needs based on your findings
- Manage key business KPIs like churn, retention, clinical metrics, etc. Work with Chief Growth Officer, Product, VP Medical Affairs, and other key stakeholders to advise on critical initiatives to maximize KPIs
- Work with CEO on reporting of key metrics to investors, leadership team, and other key stakeholders
- Work with HR Director to cover administrative needs such as running payroll
- 4+ years of finance or bizops experience in investment banking, private equity, or relevant startup roles
- You are analytical to a T. In your current role and everyday life you use numbers and analysis to guide your decision making
- Even though you’re not necessarily an accountant, you are competent with understanding key accounting concepts such as the three financial statements, accrual accounting
- You are a whiz at Excel and Tableau
- You are incredibly autonomous yet collaborative. As the only finance/bizops person at our company, you will be able to manage your own goals and work across the company to translate your insights
- You possess the ability to thrive in a fast and exciting startup environment. Scrappy, eager to hustle, creative, problem solver
Nice to haves
- You are familiar with other tools/platforms such as SQL, Quickbooks
- You have a passion for science and medicine and the future of mental health
- Competitive salary and equity package
- 100% employer contribution to healthcare insurance (medical, dental, vision) and 50% contribution for dependents
- 401K matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible working hours to match your style. Hybrid working style with a mix of work-from-home and in-office.
- In-office in San Francisco (Potrero Hill) 2-3 days a week starting January 2022
- In-office perks: food and lunch, snacks and drinks, happy hours, etc.
- Contribute to one of the most innovative areas of medicine: frontier neuropsychiatry
- Be part of an all-star team that is intellectually rigorous, highly collaborative, deeply caring, and likes to have fun
- Tremendous growth opportunity and autonomy given we’re a high-growth startup