The Executive Assistant is responsible for a variety of highly-responsible, diverse, complex, and sensitive assignments in support of the Center Director, including the coordination of functions, communication of policy, researching information, preparation of reports, and other administrative and secretarial tasks. The Executive Assistant is expected to process administrative details not requiring the immediate attention of the Center Director. Serving as staff secretary to the Director, Associate Director of Certificates and Certificate Manager, the Executive Assistant provides organizational support for meetings and tracks agenda items and follows up. The position requires a substantial amount of tact, judgment, and initiative. The incumbent is required to be self-directed and able to exercise discretion and judgment; the ability to maintain confidentiality is essential.
Location: San Francisco, CA
Job Type: Part-time Non-Exempt
California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) is an internationally-recognized leader in integral education. CIIS has an enrollment of more than 1,600 students pursuing degrees in a variety of academic programs in its schools of Consciousness and Transformation, Professional Psychology and Health, Undergraduate Studies, and American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine. In addition, CIIS hosts a vibrant art exhibition program through The Arts at CIIS and offers a dynamic array of events through its Public Programs & Performances division, including workshops, concerts, and conferences. The University provides low-cost mental health and acupuncture services to the San Francisco Bay Area through its 10 award-winning counseling and acupuncture clinics. CIIS is accredited by the Western Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) and Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM).
What You’ll Be Doing
- Coordinate the Director’s activities, including management of a complex calendar, travel arrangements and associated logistics. Independently commit the Director’s time to those requesting access to her based on an in-depth understanding of the Director’s priorities and needs.
- Assist Certificate Manager and Associate Director of Certificate Programs in their scheduling of meetings with hundreds of inquiries for applying to the program, affiliated organizations requesting meeting on collaborative initiatives, and note-taking on these meetings.
- Independently prioritize, plan, coordinate and/or oversee logistics for meetings and conferences with individuals and entities internal and external to the university, including CPTR affiliates, senior-level staff, donors, faculty, students, and alumni; attend meetings and take notes, prepare and distribute agendas and background materials as appropriate.
- Serve as the Director’s liaison to various internal and external constituencies, including screening correspondence and telephone calls; keep the Director informed of all matters requiring her attention.
- Compose correspondence; develop, review and edit presentations and documentation.
- Oversee and/or manage multiple projects; anticipate and track critical dates, events and organizational issues for the CPTR Director, Associate Director and Certificate Manager; follow up with appropriate parties to ensure deadlines are met.
- Utilize various computer applications and software packages; enter, update, correct, and extract information; maintain and generate reports from a database or network system.
- Perform related duties as required.
What We Expect from You
- Bachelor’s degree and six years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Demonstrated extensive high-level administrative experience supporting senior-level individuals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including editing and proofreading.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate positive working relationships and gain the trust and respect of all levels of internal and external constituencies.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties with a high level of professionalism, flexibility, discretion, judgment, diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office software and email applications.
How to apply
- Screening begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
- Using the Apply Now link, please submit a Resume and Cover Letter online.
- For Further Inquiries, please e-mail Michelle Zeng, HR Specialist at HRoffice@ciis.edu