WHO WE ARE:
The Chacruna Institute of Psychedelic Plant Medicines is a 501c3 nonprofit organization founded by Brazilian anthropologist Dr. Bia Labate, which produces high-quality research on plant medicines and psychedelics, and helps propagate academic knowledge in more accessible formats. We educate the public and create cultural understanding and legitimacy regarding these substances so that they may cease to be stigmatized and outlawed. Chacruna also promotes a bridge between the world of plant medicines and the emergent field of psychedelic science, between “traditional ceremonial use” and clinical and therapeutic settings, bringing the knowledge and perspectives of the social sciences to health care professionals and practitioners of psychedelic-assisted therapy. Finally, we foster cultural and political reflections on the field of psychedelic science and facilitate conversations about controversial topics that have been simmering on the sidelines as psychedelics go mainstream. For more information visit our website at https://chacruna.net/.
Chacruna Institute is seeking an Event Coordinator to manage our event production, including weekly Community Forums, member events, and annual large-scale conferences. Chacruna is known for producing extremely high-quality events that explore the most timely issues in the psychedelics and plant medicine world. Currently all our events are virtual, but we plan to eventually start hosting in-person events in San Francisco and potentially other locations in the future. The Event Coordinator will help ensure that events are aligned with Chacruna’s mission and standard of excellence, are financially successful and serve to increase the visibility of our work and the growth of our community. They will work with the Executive Director, COO and Development Director to understand high-level goals and objectives for the organization and ensure that these goals are implemented in our events. They will coordinate all event logistics with speakers and attendees and work with Chacruna designers and social media team to help with promotion and marketing of events. They will also help foster our online member community and organize regular member-only events.
This is a full-time, remote position with a commitment of at least 30 hours per week, with a potential in-person commitment in the San Francisco Bay Area in the future.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate speakers and event topics for weekly Community Forums
- Lead production, logistics and operations of annual Chacruna conferences
- Post events on various platforms and working with designers and social media team to support promotion and marketing
- Train and manage speakers, moderators and volunteers for events
- Work with development team to solicit sponsorships for conferences
- Oversee member community and member-only events
- Moderate the online member Discord server and facilitate conversation amongst members
- Respond to emails with questions regarding events and membership
- Other tasks and projects as needed
- Event production experience, both in-person and virtual
- Excitement for the mission, vision and values of the organization
- Excellent organizational, project management and communication skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Google Suite applications, Slack, Zoom and generally tech savvy
- Experience working with non-profits a plus
TO APPLY: Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com