We are seeking an experienced engineering manager with a strong interest in healthcare who still wants to stay involved in writing production quality software. You will work with our growing team of engineers, providing technical mentorship, career guidance, and will help define the future of our products. Your work will support the delivery of a cutting edge care model, helping to improve clinical outcomes in a dramatically underserved population.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of an exceptional company that is transforming how we diagnose and treat brain disorders affecting hundreds of millions of people globally by applying cutting edge machine learning techniques.
Location: Mountain View, CA or San Francisco, CA (Remote)
Job Type: Full-time
Mindstrong is a research-driven, consumer-focused mental healthcare company working to unlock a new virtual care model for delivering healthcare to people living with a serious mental illness (SMI) through innovations in measurement science, and care delivery. Our services are offered to people with an SMI through active partnerships with several nationwide health insurance payers.
As a Series C company, we have a blend of science, technology, and healthcare talent to help us unlock this paradigm-shifting approach, including the likes of National Institute for Mental Health, Stanford Center for Neurobiological Imaging, Uber, Facebook, Google, Apple, Oscar Health, and CMS.
We’d love to talk more!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Managing a small to medium sized team of engineers and working alongside them to define and advance our project goals
- Shape the development of a culture focused on testing, scalability, maintainability, safety, and security in a clinically focused environment.
- Continuously discover, evaluate and implement new technologies or services to maximize development efficiency
What We Expect from You
- Significant managerial experience
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with key stakeholders outside of the engineering organization; has a proactive nature to resolve issues
- Strong architectural and deep technical knowledge in backend microservice development (in Typescript/Node.js and/or Java/Spring/Spring Boot), service design patterns, multithreading, scalability, performance, messaging, and cloud technologies
- Able to provide technical leadership to moderately sized engineering teams, create technical designs, and facilitate slicing and sizing of new features and functionality
- Proven track record of delivering on tight schedule
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, code review, test-driven development, and other engineering best practices
- Experienced with MongoDB, nosql technologies
- Docker experience a plus
- Excellent knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Deep experience developing and supporting production code
- S. in Computer Science or related field OR equivalent experience
- 6+ years of full-stack software engineering experience developing user-facing features and systems
- 1+ years of engineering management experience
Who You Are
- You have a very strong desire to positively impact the lives of millions of people
- You have respect for the gravity of working in a clinical environment
- You have excellent communication and managerial skills
- You have a strong desire to positively influence team culture and value diversity and cross functional collaboration
- You are self-motivated and willing to learn new things and take on new challenges
What We Provide for You
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 10 paid holidays
- Unlimited PTO
- Telecommuting benefits