Numinus Wellness (TSXV: NUMI) helps people to heal and be well through the development and delivery of innovative mental health care and access to safe, evidence-based psychedelic-assisted therapies. The Numinus model – including psychedelic production, research, and clinic care – is at the forefront of a transformation aimed at healing rather than managing symptoms for depression, anxiety, trauma, pain and substance use. At Numinus, we are leading the integration of psychedelic-assisted therapies into mainstream clinical practice and building the foundation for a healthier society.
Our North Star
Be the most trusted brand in the psychedelic space.
We are bringing transformative healing to communities through innovative therapies backed by science and scalable operations.
A world where everyone feels connected and whole.
- Be in service to self and others
- Build something that captures our collective ideals
- Be dedicated to the art and the science
- Have courage to do the right thing
Numinus is looking for a Director in Service Design to drive our goals to improve the mental well-being of all and redesign the future of the client experience in our Numinus community. Reporting to the VP of Experience Design and Innovation, this position is an integral part of the experience design team to lead service design, experience design, and aspects of innovation in psychedelic programs and mental health services.
Numinus’ core service and offerings are at the heart of our company’s mission. Our Experience Design team is a diverse team of strategic, empathetic thinkers and deep interaction specialists who envision and craft experiences across clinical services, digital, and physical areas.
As a Director in Service Design, you will support experience and service design activities on psychedelic-assisted psychotherapies and mental wellness projects, including client workshops, creative brainstorms, and interaction design. This is your opportunity to be part of a team that is creating a positive impact for our clients, therapists, and the world by augmenting our psychedelic services and programs, products, and clinic/retreat spaces that people love. This is a roll-up your sleeves role – and suited for someone that can work as a full-stack service designer – and not afraid to get their hands in the complexity of where service design meets product design, service and clinic operations.
- Lead service design practice across departments, units and cross-functional teams; working with (but not limited to) subject matter experts, medical teams as well as our operations and clinical teams
- High degree of professionalisms when working in environments where there are different points of views, and opinions and able to negotiate and reach decisions
- High degree of political acumen and emotional intelligence across the organization; ability to problem solve immediate needs and prioritize issues as it related to service design, workflow and clinical ops efficiency
- Taking on ownership and responsibility in aspects of product design and development, as well as service design flow – understanding what is realistic and feasible for operations/front-line staff.
- Uncover user needs through research, develop deep insights, generate concepts, and craft how people will interact with the products and services we design.
- Contribute to service and experience design activities, including client workshops, user interviews, and creative brainstorms.
- Lead and collaborate with our strategy team, clinical experts, and business units to understand the user and business needs, identify design opportunities, and create meaningful service experiences for our clients and therapists and other stakeholders.
- Ability to steer cross functional teams to meaningful and high impact outcomes and solutions across the organization.
- Lead the user-centred design process that spans all phases of development, from framing a service opportunity to coordinating service delivery implementation.
- Explain, discuss, and justify design decisions to SLT, team members and clients.
- Lead and contribute to service and experience design deliverables such as behavioural customer segmentation, experience maps, user journeys, interaction models, process documentation, and workflows generating service design blueprints.
- Design and manage a service delivery blueprint, including all types of touchpoints and front/back of house processes or interactions for all current operations and planning purposes and future projects.
- Work with internal and external subject matter experts, such as our medical and clinical leadership, to integrate their program, service, and stakeholder care requirements into the service blueprint; and our marketing leadership, to integrate their brand, storytelling, digital strategy and performance marketing requirements.
- Train up internal staff and experience design team on innovation methods, process as well as consultants and interns
- Ensure a fully integrated and aligned omni-channel experience between physical locations, virtual services, and digital and analog client touchpoints.
- Take part in a culture of innovation by sharing wisdom and learnings of service and human-centred design within Numinus.
- Intuitive and empathetic, good at reading between the lines and seeing implicit truths being offered
- Experience working in start-ups and hypergrowth / quickly changing environments
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity
- Results-driven, detail-oriented, organized self-starter.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage teams while also functioning as an individual contributor/team member
- Minimum 10 years of experience in service delivery design, or relevant product or user experience design; ideal candidate will have full-stack experience in service design (end to end)
- At least 5+ years of experience in mental health, healthcare or social care settings is preferred and a strong asset; digital health and technology field is also preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in industrial design, or a related field; post-secondary experience in user centered design, UX design or related; Masters is preferred.
- Ability to learn new software quickly; experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Miro, and other visual aid software’s such as InDesign
- Strong understanding of principles of client-centric design, such as persona development, market research techniques, client experience & management (quantitative and qualitative)
- Minimum of 10 years in-depth knowledge and experience in design research, interaction design, and service design across varied users, business problems, and digital and physical touchpoints.
- 10+ years creating experience maps, user journeys and service blueprints, interaction models, flows, and wireframes
- 10+ years of experience planning, designing, facilitating, and synthesizing workshops
- 10+ years’ experience with rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototypes.
- Accustomed to working collaboratively with customers and cross-functional team members.
- Demonstrate a high level of proficiency in design thinking and design operations, including experience deploying various tools and methodologies to drive excellent design and product/service results
- Strategic and analytical thinker who is able to develop a service strategy focused on client outcomes with a compelling vision and a clear path for execution
- Ability to work and effectively communicate cross-functionally both internally and externally to influence key stakeholders to push initiatives forward quickly
At Numinus, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and accessible work environment. We welcome and celebrate differences because we believe a multitude of perspectives fosters innovation and will help us achieve our ultimate purpose of delivering the highest quality outcomes to the people we serve. Our culture is one of belonging in which each person is accepted and valued for their individuality. As such, if you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know so we can work with you to meet your needs.