We are seeking a Director of Psychedelic Research to join our team! This exciting opportunity is a mix between research management and digital product management, and involves working with a team of international psychedelic researchers, practitioners, and partners using the QC platform to accelerate insights into psychedelic science. Must be passionate about psychedelic research to apply!
Location: Vancouver, Canada (remote is fine)
Job Type: Full-time, Contractor
Start date: January 1, 2021 (or sooner)
Quantified Citizen is a Canadian-based mobile health startup developing solutions to disrupt the clinical and health product research markets. We empower citizen scientists and professional researchers to easily participate and create their own scientific studies, building a movement towards more timely insights into the latest health research.
We launched our flagship mobile research app in November 2019 on the Joe Rogan Experience and have since had over 31,000 iOS app installs with a 4.8 star rating. Among our initial studies, we’ve partnered with world-famous mycologist Paul Stamets on a UBC research ethics approved 10,000+ participant correlational study on the effects of microdosing psychedelic substances on cognitive performance and mental health. We’ve also partnered with award-winning cinematographer Louie Schwartzberg on a 5,000 participant gratitude study.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Develop and manage the Psychedelic Data Project, a research consortium led by Quantified Citizen, in collaboration with UBC, MAPS Canada, and Canadian Psychedelic Association, with support from University of Washington, Beckley Foundation, PsyGen, The Sentinel, any many psychedelic practitioners. Your work on this project is to:
- Manage international team of psychedelic researchers and practitioners
- Build and maintain relations with our partners, funders, customers, and the public
- Product management, and coordination with technical development team members for feature management and bug reporting.
- Work closely with the Principal Investigator and international psychedelic research team members of the Mobile Microdosing Study version 1, as well as version 2
- Communicate study status, timelines and data to key stakeholders, and serve as a representative on multidisciplinary project teams
- Prepare study protocols and reports related to various studies, perform various analyses as appropriate, and contribute to regulatory and research ethics board submissions
- Directly interact and maintain strong scientific and collaborative relationships with stakeholders including industry partners, innovators, research personnel, vendors and contract research organizations
- Remain aware of the latest scientific research in psychedelics, and prepare regular summary reports to leadership team
- Prepare and present psychedelic research project insights at customer meetings, industry events, scientific conferences, etc., as necessary
- Publish articles in well-known media outlets and academic journals
- Work closely with the Privacy Officer to ensure study participant data is kept to the highest standards of anonymity and privacy.
What We Expect from You
- Ph.D. or Masters Degree in health-related fields such as Medical, Nursing, Psychology, Pharmacy, Pharmacology, Neuroscience, Biology, or Health Science or international equivalent
- Minimum 7 years experience as a Clinical Research Associate, in combination with a supervisory role in performing, managing and directing pharmaceutical/ biotechnology research and development activities
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of clinical research, phases of clinical trials, study design and statistical planning, current ICH, GCP standards and region-specific regulatory clinical research laws and guidelines
- Demonstrated expertise in a variety of research and development concepts, practices and procedures
- Demonstrated experience with and sound knowledge of quantitative research methods and advanced statistics
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills (fluent English), with the ability to produce professional scientific and technical documentation
- Able to work highly independently across multiple projects and protocols
- Advanced project management skills
- Effective time management, organizational and interpersonal skills, conflict management, problem solving skills
- Excellent listening and conflict resolution skills
- Detail-oriented accuracy in all work and communication
- Strong critical thinking and analytical problem-solving acumen
- Demonstrated effectiveness in mentoring/leadership/supervisory ability
- Ability to use display software such as Power BI, Microsoft Excel, database software, and data warehouses; statistical analysis software such as SAS, SPSS, and/or R.
- The following would be assets but are not necessary: published research in academic journal(s); psychedelic research experience; experience in digital/mobile health.
How to Apply
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the role’s title in your subject line In the email, include:
- Why you’re excited about what we are doing
- Relevant descriptions and links that best showcase your work as it fits with this role
- Your salary expectations.
Quantified Citizen is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.