The Director of Media Relations will be responsible for leading high-impact communications campaigns and media strategies that support COMPASS’s mission, vision and values.
COMPASS Pathways is a mental health care company dedicated to accelerating patient access to evidence-based innovation in mental health (https://compasspathways.com). Our focus is on improving the lives of those who are suffering with mental health challenges and who are not helped by current therapies. We are pioneering the development of a new model of psilocybin therapy, in which our proprietary formulation of synthetic psilocybin, COMP360, is administered in conjunction with psychological support.
Location: Based in London, UK or New York (with home working flexibility).
Reports to: The Director of Media Relations will report to the Chief Communications Officer.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Leading media engagement across COMPASS, building strong media relationships and representing the company externally
- Developing and delivering high-impact communications campaigns, across a broad range of external stakeholders, to build COMPASS’s reputation as a responsible leader in mental health care
- Generating and producing interesting and engaging content including media materials, stories and newsflow, working with the COMPASS communications team and COMPASS spokespeople
- Taking a proactive approach to storytelling to advance COMPASS’s mission and drive the mental health care agenda
- Providing counsel to COMPASS’s senior leadership team on media relations and communications best practice, including issues management
- Managing external suppliers and agencies, and budgets, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- Significant experience working in corporate communications, either in-house or in agency
- Extensive experience of working in the healthcare or life sciences industry
- Strong media network, particularly in the US, including health, science and business media
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexible, proactive and collaborative
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to work on multiple projects at a time
- Aligned to our company values of being Compassionate, Bold, Rigorous and Inclusive