About Psychedelic Science Funders Collaborative:
Psychedelic Science Funders Collaborative (PSFC), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, supports research on and clinical trials of physician-prescribed psychedelic medicines and patient access to these treatments. Emerging research indicates that psychedelics have the potential to be a breakthrough in treating PTSD, depression, addiction, and other conditions. PSFC was born in 2017 out of a realization that psychedelic medicine has the potential to make an enormous impact and has an achievable path to regulatory approval, but has been systemically underfunded. Since PSFC’s founding, we have grown into a community of many of the leading funders of psychedelic medicine supporting organizations at the cutting edge of psychedelic research with funding and expert support.
We operate as a flexible network to:
- Identify and evaluate high-impact funding opportunities in psychedelic medicine
- Provide advisory support to scientists and organizations in the psychedelic field, including expertise in pharmaceutical development, organizational growth, and public communications
- Serve as a resource for philanthropists who have specific interests in psychedelics and are interested in advice and collaboration to amplify collective impact
- Foster community among philanthropists, scientists, and the tireless professionals dedicated to the clinical approval of psychedelic medicine
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
PSFC has set an audacious goal of raising the philanthropic funding needed to make psychedelic therapy available as a medicine. We aim to do this by fostering deep connections with philanthropists and inviting them to join our network of funders. With the Director of Funder Engagement position, we will be expanding our team to bring on an experienced fundraiser and event organizer to strengthen our network and help us achieve our fundraising goals. This position will foster personal connections with funders and curate exceptional events to convene members of our network and leading experts in psychedelic research. As the ideal candidate for the role, you are a natural connector with a warm personality who thrives on bringing people together and fostering community. You are skilled at envisioning and executing on one-of-a-kind gatherings with exceptional attention to detail and a knack for anticipating the unexpected. Passionate about psychedelic science, you have stellar communication skills and make members of our network feel welcomed, carefully attended to, and up to speed on the latest in the psychedelic field. And as a member of a small, dynamic organization, you are grounded, direct, clear, kind, and a team player.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Deepening PSFC’s relationships with our existing network of funders through communications, events, and individual conversations
- Curating and organizing events to bring together members of our funder network, including dinners, book discussions, lectures, and retreats
- Developing and executing on a plan to identify and engage new funders to grow PSFC’s network in the Bay Area and other key cities
- Cultivating relationships with leaders in the psychedelic field, including researchers, medical providers, and advocates
- Crafting PSFC’s funder communications across our website, events, and digital communications
- Leading PSFC’s funder engagement strategy, including optimizing PSFC’s contact management system, spotting opportunities for funder conversations, and coordinating PSFC’s donation tracking and acknowledgment process
- Coordinating volunteers and subgroups within PSFC’s network
- Liaising with our collaborators at grantee organizations and executing on joint events
- Coordinating with other members of PSFC’s team and handling a portion of our shared administrative tasks
- 4+ years experience in a fundraising, event-planning, or community-building role, ideally at a social impact organization
- Experience designing and executing exceptional fundraising and educational events for high net worth individuals
- Proven ability to organize multi-day off-site retreats and events with complex logistics
- A track record of effectiveness as a fundraiser, preferably for nonprofit causes (a strong network of fundraising contacts is a plus)
- Demonstrated capacity to build and manage community, ideally in a fundraising or social impact context
- Strong project management skills and experience managing event teams
- A high level of personal integrity and discretion, as well as strong attention to detail
- Experience with fundraising data management/CRM systems
- Excellent writing, funder research, and communication skills
- Experience managing volunteers
- Passion for PSFC’s mission and goals and for advancing psychedelic medicine
Details and Application Instructions:
The position will be a full-time staff position based in San Francisco. To apply, please submit your application here.
PSFC is an equal opportunity organization and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees free from discrimination on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, arrest or conviction record, and any other basis prohibited by law.