MAPS PBC is pioneering a new form of mental health care, beginning with the development of MDMA-assisted therapy as an FDA-approved treatment for PTSD. MDMA-assisted therapy is a new paradigm in the treatment of mental health, combining a medicine with psychotherapy to address the root causes of PTSD. It has been designated a Breakthrough Therapy by the FDA and the results of our pivotal Phase 3 clinical trial were published in Nature Medicine or profiled on the front page of The New York Times.
MAPS PBC is a Public Benefit Corporation, with a dual mandate to generate shareholder value and public benefit. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS), a non-profit working for over three decades to develop medical, legal, and cultural contexts for people to benefit from psychedelics. We are committed to continuing to lead the field of psychedelic medicine with integrity and ethics at the core.
Why work for MAPS Public Benefit Corporation (MAPS PBC)?
- We are a diverse team that shares a deep belief in the critical need for innovation and expanded access in the treatment of mental health conditions.
- We are entrepreneurial, collaborative, and open-minded in how we approach our innovative work.
- We are a new kind of pharmaceutical company that prioritizes public benefit over profit and is committed to sustainability, accountability, and transparency.
We believe in diversity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, educational backgrounds, military and veteran status, religions, abilities, and perspectives. MAPS PBC values and seeks applicants who are people of color, queer, transgender, gender non-conforming, and gender fluid people. MAPS PBC strives to establish a supportive, equitable and accessible work environment.
Director of Account Management Executive Summary
Reporting to the Head of Market Access, the Director of Account Management is an account-based field role that will be responsible for building strong and strategic relationships with decision-makers at National Payors and PBMs, as well as their Behavioral Health subsidiaries. This account-based job will cover target plans and will build and lead the Account Management Function. The individual in this role will have a team of direct reports covering National, Regional, and Federal accounts and will work directly with the Head of Market Access to create an overall engagement strategy, as well as differentiated strategies based on payor archetype. Responsibility will include executing strategies and tactics within each assigned account with the team, as well as offering field support to sales when appropriate. Thus, an overall knowledge of managed markets, distribution, reimbursement, and first-hand account experience is required. This individual will need to collaborate with multiple internal stakeholders including Finance, Medical, HEOR, Marketing, and Sales colleagues.
- People Leadership
- Lead account management team through direct management and team building responsibilities.
- Provide strategic oversight and support team, which will involve travel to large regional and national accounts and conferences.
- Along with account management team, ensure optimal coverage and reimbursement for MDMA-AT
- Work with team to uncover any opportunities within accounts and across channel management.
- Account Management
- Use managed care relationships to access accounts for on-label product specific discussions.
- Attend territory meetings with sales counterparts to uncover business opportunities, as needed.
- Inter-departmental Strategic Relations
- Be willing to take on special projects that will help facilitate access for MDMA-AT
- Actively use company databases to monitor distribution and develop appropriate strategies.
- Assist in development of CRM/tracking tool to report on access determinations.
- Assist in LRP and Plan processes by providing timely input on account level access determinations.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Additional MBA, Advanced degree, certifications preferred
- 10+ years of biotech/pharma experience, ideally three of which have been as a National Account Executive, with trade and distribution experience.
- Content expertise within the Market Access Space. Understanding of Commercial Medicare Part D, Medicaid. VA/DoD a plus.
- Creative and strategic thinker – able to identify, develop, and execute sound strategies.
- Ability to analyze and create custom reports. Ability to explain these reports to others including those without direct Market Access experience.
- Competent with PowerPoint, excel, word, etc.
- Must be able to set and meet deadlines, stay organized, and be self-sufficient.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to travel up to 75% travel during pre-launch engagement phase and in launch year
- Strong knowledge of and ability to navigate laws and regulations regarding manufacturer communications, pre- and post-approval.
MAPS PBC is a distributed team that uses technology and periodic in-person gatherings to stay connected. We look for people who are comfortable with and skilled at remote work and collaboration.
Competitive benefit package includes:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Sick Time
- Holiday Pay
- Employer paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance (100% covered for employees + 50% for dependents)
- Employer funded mental health HRA
- Employer funded SEP IRA
- FSA/Dep Care
- Pet Insurance
- Home Office Stipend
- Wellness Wednesday/Journal Club/Yoga/Meditation and so much more!