Cybin has an exciting opportunity for a Director, Investor Relations to join the growing team!
A leading biotechnology company, Cybin is focused on and dedicated to progressing psychedelic therapeutics by utilizing proprietary drug discovery platforms, innovative drug delivery systems, novel formulation approaches and treatment regimens for psychiatric disorders. To learn more about Cybin, visit https://www.cybin.com.
Reporting directly to the Chief Business Officer, the Director of Investor Relations will support the Company’s aggressive growth agenda and work closely with the internal team and network of 3rd parties to implement investor relations strategies. The ideal candidate will serve as the liaison between the company and investment stakeholders regarding all investment issues. They will also have proven orientation to results and action and the ability to work effectively while managing multiple projects in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Development and directing a proactive investor relations plan will be a key function of this role.
- Act as primary point of contact regarding answering analyst/investor questions related to the Company, including in relation to financial models
- Develop and deliver the news release process, including preparing drafts of releases and conference call scripts/Q&A, generating figures, and assume primary responsibility for the news release dissemination process
- Prepare and liaise with the Company’s network of partners for the release of quarterly financial results, investor days, investor conferences, road shows, events, education seminars, and on-going interactions with senior executives and the investment community
- Monitor and liaise the accuracy of information about the Company in the media, external sources and on social media
- Work with market makers to monitor trading activity of the Company’s publicly traded shares
- Define and maintain the investor relations database/relationship management system
- Draft other IR/external communications documents as necessary, including fact sheets
- Attend conferences and support senior management during road shows when required
- Leverage financial modeling and analysis
- Track and analyze industry peer group performance metrics
- Monitor and consolidate stakeholder feedback on a regular basis, including review and analysis of company, competitor, and industry equity research
- Responsible for annual and quarterly targeting analysis and messaging strategies
- Provide and report analysis regarding financial and operational matters to a diverse range of stakeholders
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Post-secondary education in relevant field, or suitable combination of education and experience, in a fast-growing entrepreneurial organization preferred
- 5 – 10 years of demonstrable experience in investor relations, equity research, investment banking or equivalent and ideally with biotech/pharmaceutical experience at a leading firm and/or company
- Strong financing understanding with an emphasis on capital markets and valuation methodologies
- Strong financial and business acumen, strategic thinking and curiosity, and experience with financial markets
- Strong understanding of insurance and asset management accounting/reporting, including ability to interpret results
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; excellent communication, relationship, and interpersonal skills; and have flexibility to changing priorities and timelines.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and express their interest by submitting a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate all applications, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cybin Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to ethnicity, color, national origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family or parental status, veteran status, neurodiversity status, disability status or any other basis protected by applicable law. We are proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require an accommodation, please contact us at HR@Cybin.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. We thank all those who apply. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.