We’re looking for Data Scientists to join our growing team of people passionate about changing mental healthcare. In this role, you will work cross functionally and partner with engineers, product managers, data analysts, and the clinicians who directly deliver care to our Mindstrong members. You will lead projects that derive value from our extensive amount of data and will work on problems related to predicting and measuring mental health outcomes, optimizing our growth funnel, matching clinicians with patients, increasing the efficiency of clinical services, and making recommendations for impactful interventions. Our team works across the company to help influence decision-making, and your work will have a direct impact on our patient population.
Location: Mountain View, CA or San Francisco, CA (Remote)
Job Type: Full-time
Mindstrong is a research-driven, consumer-focused mental healthcare company working to unlock a new virtual care model for delivering healthcare to people living with a serious mental illness (SMI) through innovations in measurement science, and care delivery. Our services are offered to people with an SMI through active partnerships with several nationwide health insurance payers.
As a Series C company, we have a blend of science, technology, and healthcare talent to help us unlock this paradigm-shifting approach, including the likes of National Institute for Mental Health, Stanford Center for Neurobiological Imaging, Uber, Facebook, Google, Apple, Oscar Health, and CMS.
We’d love to talk more!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Become an expert in building healthcare critical deep-learning applications that re-map brain circuits from human-computer interaction patterns
- Create highly scalable and adaptive online/streaming learning algorithms that impact the lives of millions of people daily
- Work with a high-performance engineering team to deploy these applications in a highly scalable and distributed infrastructure
What We Expect from You
- An amazing developer; technical challenges of all types excite you
- Interested in contributing your opinions and perspective to help the team solve the challenges that our users face
- Possess extensive end-to-end project experience using machine learning or deep learning to solve complex real-world problems. This includes feature selection, dimensionality reduction, algorithm development, cross-validation
- Have a proven track record of delivering concrete implementations on tight schedules
- Have extensive experience using Python/R, TensorFlow & Keras/Torch, Spark and the AWS stack (S3, SQL, Mongo, Redshift)
- PhD (preferred) or MS in statistics, computer science or related mathematical disciplines with an emphasis on both theoretical analysis and algorithmic implementation, OR equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing both statistical and machine learning models with at least 3 years in the industry, i.e. shipping product!
Who You Are
- You feel good about your work knowing that what you do will affect the lives of millions of people around the world
- Entrepreneurial and eager to thrive in a startup environment
- Strong communicator (oral and written)
What We Provide for You
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 10 paid holidays
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered lunches
- Casual dress code
- Telecommuting benefits