Retreat Co-Lead (Spiritual Care) assists the Synthesis Lead and fellow facilitators, ensuring high-quality and consistent retreat protocols.
Location: Zandvoort, Netherlands
Job Type: Full-time
Synthesis offers safe, legal, medically supervised psychedelic retreats in Amsterdam. We make the psychedelic experience accessible for curious individuals who want to utilize moderate-to-high doses of truffles to catalyze creative breakthroughs, explore consciousness, find meaning, improve confidence, and search for a mystical experience.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Displays full understanding of area of expertise and shows high functional responsibility
- Works with Director and other staff to develop a vibrant and sustainable training program aimed at increasing the skills and capacity of Synthesis staff and trainees
- Assists leadership with program development, budget management, research of best practices, and resource development
- Contributes to program evaluations and operations, outcome data and makes recommendations regarding service, practices, and/or methodologies
- May offer psychedelic psychotherapy, lead psychedelic retreats, guides participants through psychedelic experiences and contributes to the wholesome integration of psychedelic experiences
- Is willing to work on a potentially full-time position on location in Zandvoort, the Netherlands – 2 retreats per month
What We Expect from You
- May be in training and/or practicing (where applicable) in spiritual-centric modalities and interventions. Preference for candidates with an endorsement from a major religious or spiritual tradition; and candidates who are affiliated with a spiritual teacher, guide or mentor, and/or a church, sangha, or temple
- Preference for candidates with licensure and/or credentials in relevant field of expertise
- A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in supervision and clinical work with groups
- Working knowledge of organizational administrative processes
- Knowledge of protocols, safety, administrative, and clinical practice policies and procedures, with a strong preference for candidates who have such knowledge in the field of psychedelics
- Ability to advise department directors and staff on various issues pertaining to areas of responsibility
- Demonstrated knowledge of performance management standards and human resources related policies and procedures
- Skills in coaching
- Skills to collaborate effectively with Synthesis staff members
- Compassionate social communicator
- Must be computer literate. Excellent skills in Word, Excel and scheduling systems, and cloud-based alternatives. Ability to generate reports utilizing these systems
- Working knowledge of electronic/medical records systems
- Mindful and aware of sociopolitical and cultural sensitivities around mainstreaming psychedelics
- Extensive interdisciplinary knowledge of and working experience with psychedelics is a must
- Experience anticipating and analyzing problems, gathering information, and creating solutions
- Skill in exercising independent judgment, exercising problem urgency and taking appropriate action
- Is committed to a spiritual practice
- Demonstrated skill in maintaining confidentiality and patient privacy
- Knowledge of Netherlands compliance is a bonus
- Experience working within a start-up is a bonus
What We Provide for You:
- Training & Meeting Pay
- Hourly Compensation
- Travel Expense Reimbursement
- Holiday & Sick Pay*
How to Apply
When applying for a role at Synthesis please include:
- Your CV
- A brief 2-minute video introducing yourself
- What’s your background in relation to the role?
- Why do you want to work in the psychedelic field?
- Why are you a great fit for Synthesis?
- Anything else we should know about you.
- Record, upload online to Vidyard and send us the link (not the file).