ATAI is a Berlin and New York based biotech company builder leveraging a decentralized, data-driven platform model with the aim of ultimately healing mental health disorders. We are dedicated to bringing innovation to mental healthcare, a field that has seen little progress since the development of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) and serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs) in the 1980s and 1990s, respectively.
From a drug development perspective, ATAI sees significant potential in 5HT2A agonists, atypical opioids, as well as drugs that act on the glutamatergic and GABAergic systems. In contrast to traditional neuropsychiatric drug development, we cultivate early-stage polypharmacological drugs that impact key mental health biomarkers and have been de-risked, either by anecdotal evidence or off-label clinical use.
We now have started or acqired a total of eleven companies on our platform. All are developing innovative solutions in mental healthcare, including COMPASS Pathways (psilocybin for treatment resistant depression), DemeRx (ibogaine for opioid use disorder), and EntheogeniX (leveraging AI and computational biophysics to develop the next generation of psychedelics).
You would work very closely together with our scientific team in San Diego and Boston to develop a clinical and regulatory strategy for the lead clinical assets that are in development in autonomous execution teams.
Employment type: full-time
Location: Berlin, San Diego or New York
- Be a major contributor to the success of a well-positioned, well-financed, rapidly growing biotech platform
- Become part of an unparalleled effort towards developing and commercializing paradigm-shifting treatments in the mental health space
- Work on improving the lives of millions of people with a real unmet need
- Experience an open, and transparent start-up culture with a clear focus on execution and results
- Shape and grow a new business within ATAI
- Report to the CEO and foster a corporate culture of medical and scientific rigor and ethical behavior.
- Oversee the design and conduct the company’s clinical development programs in compliance with relevant regulatory guidelines
- Establish a high-quality standard execution process in clinical operations across all platform companies
- Lead and collaborate with internal functions, advisors, investigators and CROs to design and implement clinical studies, with a particular focus on proof of concept
- Articulate “the voice of the patient” internally by putting it first in all decisions and evaluating all factors relevant to a patient’s informed decision making, including quality of life
- Represent the company externally and initiate cross-industry collaboration on medical topics
- Coordinate writing of investigator brochures, study-related documents (e.g., clinical study protocols, statistical analysis plans, clinical study reports), and regulatory filings
- Conduct investigator meetings and lead site initiation visits with clinical trial investigators
- Translate findings from research and nonclinical studies into clinical development opportunities with CSO
- An MD or MD/PhD required
- Board certification in psychiatry is preferred
- 15+ years of clinical development experience with a focus on Phase 1 & 2 clinical trials in neuropsychiatric indications
- Experience in a startup environment is preferred
- Experience in clinical risk management
- You have a strong track record in contributing to cross-functional teams in advancing projects
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, German skills are a plus
- You are highly empathetic with an outstanding ability to work multi-culturally
- You are willing to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment and to adapt to new situations as they arise
How to apply
Join us to improve the lives of millions suffering from a real unmet medical need – apply today via the apply button on the right and send us your updated CV, your degree certificates, and references.
Please note that we can only accept applications from people that have a valid EU or US work permit.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to write us to firstname.lastname@example.org.