ATAI is a Berlin and New York based biotech company builder leveraging a decentralized, data-driven platform model with the aim of ultimately healing mental health disorders. We are dedicated to bringing innovation to mental healthcare, a field that has seen little progress since the development of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) and serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs) in the 1980s and 1990s, respectively.
From a drug development perspective, ATAI sees significant potential in 5HT2A agonists, atypical opioids, as well as drugs that act on the glutamatergic and GABAergic systems. In contrast to traditional neuropsychiatric drug development, we cultivate early-stage polypharmacological drugs that impact key mental health biomarkers and have been de-risked, either by anecdotal evidence or off-label clinical use.
We now have eight companies in our portfolio developing innovative solutions in mental healthcare, including COMPASS Pathways (psilocybin for treatment-resistant depression), DemeRx (ibogaine for opioid use disorder), and EntheogeniX (leveraging AI and computational biophysics to develop the next generation of psychedelics).
Employment type: full-time
Location: New York, Amsterdam or Berlin
- Be a major contributor to the success of a well-positioned, well-financed, rapidly growing biotech platform
- Become part of an unparalleled effort towards developing and commercializing paradigm-shifting treatments in the mental health space
- Work on improving the lives of millions of people with a real unmet need
- Experience an open, and transparent start-up culture with a clear focus on execution and results
- Shape and grow a new business within ATAI
- Work on ATAI’s top priorities and determine how best to tackle solving the company’s biggest opportunities and most challenging problems.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the finance and accounting functions of the organization
- Provide leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting team
- Manage the processes for financial forecasting and budgets; prepare reliable current and forecasting reports
- Responsible for ensuring financial reporting and compliance is in accordance with generally accepted financial, accounting (e.g. GAAP, IFRS) and regulatory standards (such as those required by the SEC)
- Control and evaluate the organization’s fundraising plans and capital structure
- Perform risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities and investments
- Oversee preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for in- and external stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and company’s policies
- Advanced degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field, ideally MBA and/or CFA/CPA
- 10+ years of relevant financial leadership experience (ideally) in biotech organizations
- Experience in taking a company public
- Strong financial and accounting background, including an understanding of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management
- Experience in a leading role in taking a company public, prior responsibility for IPO of an European biotech in the US (e.g. NASDAQ) is a strong plus
- In-depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Cohesive ability at interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written
- Experience in an early stage and publicly held biotechnology company is desirable
- Comfortable in fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and limited structures
- Able to travel extensively when required and possible
How to apply
Join us to improve the lives of millions suffering from a real unmet medical need – apply today via the apply button on the right and send us your updated CV, your degree certificates and references. We are looking for ambitious Talents, who like to go the extra mile. If you have any links to projects or challenges outside of work, please also share them with us.
Please note that we can only accept applications from people that have a valid EU or US work permit.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to write us via email@example.com.