Chief Communications Officer
Numinus is on a mission to create an ecosystem of health solutions centered around developing and supporting the safe, evidence-based, accessible use of psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy. The costs of mental illness, addiction and trauma are too high – that’s why we’re developing new treatments and approaches that use rigorous, up-to-date research and methodologies to support solutions for healing. We are a public company listed on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol $NUMI.
We have an opportunity for a Chief Communications Officer to join our team of subject-matter experts across healthcare, research, operations and compliance.
This is a senior executive role responsible for developing, advising and executing on internal and external communications and marketing strategies that help establish Numinus with the public, healthcare industry, and capital markets as an innovative, emerging healthcare leader while aligning with internal stakeholders and elevating the Numinus team and brand overall.
This is an ideal opportunity for a high-performing communications leader experienced in corporate marketing strategy development and execution, including capital markets and investor relations and ideally brand development and digital marketing, for a publicly-traded company. The candidate should have a track record of collaborating cross-functionally with internal stakeholders from c-level executives to operators and external stakeholders including investor relations, government relations, public relations media agencies and marketing.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Drive development and implementation of communications strategy and support development of marketing strategy, tying in IR, PR, GR and strategic business objectives.
- IR strategies and plans to drive both institutional and retail outreach and expansion, using existing networks and understanding of regional markets
- Narrative-building and key messaging to reflect the Numinus “voice”
- Research-based digital and social strategy, through audience segmentation, research, etc.
- Conference and event strategy to drive Numinus brand awareness and outreach at regional, national and international scale
- Multimedia content strategy to drive brand awareness and engage multiple audiences, using research-backed approach
- Combination of the above to establish Numinus corporate presence and key members as thought leaders across categories of mental health, psychedelics and adjacent spaces
- Drive public relations and government relations strategies and efforts, using in-house and agency resources
- News release development process
- Media relations, with aim of securing tier-one coverage for Numinus’s positioning in mainstream, industry, regulator and investor landscapes
- Drive development and continuous improvement of Numinus assets, including digital assets, to support narrative and brand-building
- Design and implement internal and external organizational processes to effectively manage all team resources, including establishing agendas to ensure alignment
- PR and/or IR agencies, partners, contractors
- Growth and/or marketing partners, contractors
- Technical developers
- Creative and/or brand agencies, partners, contractors
- Community partners & allies
- Numinus contractors & employees
- Provide thoughtful and strategic communications and marketing counsel to senior leadership.
WHO YOU ARE
- A senior communications professional with 15+ years’ senior leadership experience and a strong track record in corporate communications, investor relations, capital markets, public relations, marketing and branding.
- A graduate degree in communications; an MBA a plus.
- Experience working for a publicly traded company a must.
- Highly strategic c-level operator with deep experience in strategy execution and building high performing communications and marketing teams.
- Demonstrated experience driving an integrated plan across communications, investor relations, public relations, brand development and promotion, digital marketing, internal communications and crisis communications.
- Deep experience in the following areas:
- Capacity to oversee and efficiently manage dynamic global communications across all key markets with a focus on Canada and the US.
- Investor relations communications and marketing targeting retail and institutional investors.
- Developing public relations programs promoting the brand, developing internal thought leaders, and establishing influencer relationships.
- Strong data and analytical mindset and an ability to set measure and report on key performance indicators.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills; outstanding attention to detail to mitigate reputational risk.
- Experience in highly regulated industries such as healthcare or controlled substances an asset.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and proven ability to work cross-functionally with all levels of seniority in a tactful and engaging manner.
- Ability to work with many personalities and operate at a high-level while under pressure from deadlines, inquiries and regulatory requirements.
- Experience managing external IR marketing, PR, marketing and brand agencies and ensuring strong ROI
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, you will initially be required to set up an office in your home in order to carry out the accountabilities of your role. Numinus will provide you with a laptop. Should you require other equipment for your role, you will work closely with your manager.
At Numinus, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and accessible work environment. We welcome and celebrate differences because we believe a multitude of perspectives fosters innovation and will help us achieve our ultimate purpose of delivering the highest quality outcomes to the people we serve. Our culture is one of belonging in which each person is accepted and valued for their individuality. As such, if you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know so we can work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all of those who take the time to apply; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.