Our mission is to empower patients and their care teams to achieve mental wellbeing through the most effective and affordable treatments, with access supported by technology.
Our co-founder, Dr. Steve Levine has pioneered a psychiatrist-led approach supported by several safe, FDA-approved treatments which have the potential to change lives including transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) and Spravato.
Reimagining mental health
Mental health care is often inaccessible and unaffordable, and legacy SSRI’s often just aren’t good enough.
At Heading, we utilize developments in clinical research, insurance policy coverage, and technologies to deliver unprecedented results for our patients.
A mission driven team
We have assembled a talented team of clinicians, human-centered designers, and technologists. How we come together is the secret sauce that makes things move. It starts and ends with compassion: compassion for our patients, our team mates, and ourselves.
Our team are mental health trailblazers. We have unparalleled experience in delivering safe and effective interventional treatments and have built a world-class scientific advisory board to ensure we are consistent with the latest developments in clinical research. Our supportive investors come from life sciences, psychedelics, and healthcare.
Our past ventures give us exceptional insights into how to transform mental healthcare and scale the company.
Culture eats strategy for lunch. Building the team, and consequently building the culture, is our most important success factor. Joining as an early employee of Heading, you will have a tremendous impact on our trajectory. As our first business development manager, you will drive growth by achieving results in our first center in Austin, and beyond. You can define your own journey whilst transforming the life of the company and our patients.
If you are committed to improving the mental health of society and want to get to work, let’s chat
Role – Business Development Manager
- Lead business development at Heading by interpreting data sources to inform our strategic decision making
- Perform trend forecasting to ensure Heading is expanding access for those who need it most
- Develop growth and retention strategies for Austin, and additional centers
- Execute on growth and retention strategies in accordance with targets
- Create an educational program with community primary care providers, Heading will introduce lesser known FDA-approved interventional treatments to clinicians used to dealing with refractory patients
- Build an awareness campaign around Heading’s FDA-approved treatments
Are you a good fit?
- Experience: 3+ years in business development/sales, ideally in mental health, facility sales/outreach or a related field
- Mission driven – you must have a strong personal attachment to improving the mental health of our patients
- Results obsessed, with a proven track record of exceptional drive in any discipline (sports, business etc.)
- Independent thinker – able to make decisions without direct supervision, and understand the “Heading way” vs traditional mental healthcare delivery
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Have a patient-first mindset – be an advocate for our patients, as they are at the forefront of our mind with every business decision made
- Based in Austin, Texas – must have valid drivers license + transportation