*Note – This role requires applicant to be local to either the Boston, MA or San Diego, CA area. This is a hybrid, partially remote job with up to 25% travel.
atai Life Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing novel treatments for mental health disorders so that everyone, everywhere can live a more fulfilled life. We operate a decentralized model whereby atai incubates, acquires, and supports individual platform companies by providing them strategic and operational functions centrally. This allows our platform companies to stay lean and agile in their clinical pursuits, whilst also being able to leverage the expertise of a multibillion-dollar global biotechnology company. atai is pursuing a world-first strategy by deploying our clinical compounds together with our ecosystem of Digital Therapeutics, utilizing cutting edge technology, clinical protocol, human-interaction psychology, and data science to enhance the safety and efficacy of our compounds.
Who you are:
- You have a demonstrated ability to attend to multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment without losing focus of the larger goal.
- You thrive in a global, dynamic, highly complex environment. You are comfortable working with a global team across time zones, different cultures, and various local rules and regulations.
- You have strong analytical and organizational skills to set strategy and translate strategy into tactics.
- You overcome obstacles collaboratively while respecting others’ points of view, and you empower your team to be creative and resourceful.
- You are always learning and are always well informed on the state-of-the-art in your discipline.
- You are internally motivated to implement best practices in a continuous cycle of improvement.
- You can inspire, coach and lead project teams to meet project deadlines.
- Work in a fast-paced, matrix organizational environment where you’ll work on a wide range of topics and cross-collaborate across teams
- Be a major contributor to the success of a rapidly growing innovative biotech start-up
- Become part of a radically new and impactful paradigm shift in how mental health disorders are being treated around the world
- Participate in company retreats in Europe and USA with a global team and supportive culture
- An open, meritocratic, data- and results-driven culture
- Extensive professional growth opportunities at a company where hard work is recognized
- Competitive stock option plan, employee benefits and health/wellness programs
- Provides complex administrative support for the Research & Development team including management of calendars and meeting logistics
- Facilitates proper execution of MSAs, SOWs and P.O.s via Ironclad and DocuSign
- Interface and communicate with subsidiary contacts and provide direction to the appropriate resources
- Prioritize the executives’ time and resources proactively by keeping track of and effectively handling competing priorities and requests
- Collect and prepare information for meetings with internal team members and outside parties
- Produce reports and presentations
- Planning and coordinating corporate meetings, conferences, and investor meetings
- Manage travel arrangements, detailed travel itineraries and expenses
- Maintain the current filing and database system, and look for ways to improve current systems
- Work closely with our 3 other executive & team assistants based in London, New York, and Los Angeles to align executive and team priorities across time zones and functions
- Build and develop relationships with all employees for increased efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations
- Demonstrates confidentiality in execution of all responsibilities
- 3 + years’ experience as an Administrative/Executive Assistant or similar role
- High interest in (Bio-) Tech, Research & Development, and/or Digital Therapeutics
- Highly resourceful and able to handle complex and competing schedules
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to handle a high volume of work with a sense of urgency without letting quality slip
- High sense of empathy with an outstanding ability to work multi-culturally